• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Well......this morning is starting out like c r a p. I have been monitoring the value tier submission that me and some of the guys sent in. They are being graded as we speak, and TWO of my books (I contributed 15 of the 30) have already been earmarked as restored. One I bought from a board member off of ebay, the other was from a dealer. I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare. :frustrated:

Scott

Edited by Wrightson fan

Well......this morning is starting out like c r a p. I have been monitoring the value tier submission that me and some of the guys sent in. They are being graded as we speak, and TWO of my books (I contributed 15 of the 30) have already been earmarked as restored. One I bought from a board member off of ebay, the other was from John Hauser. I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare. :frustrated:

Scott

:sorry: Oh and nice avatar. :foryou:

I shouldn't have mentioned John's name as mistakes happen. I am sure he will fix the situation as he is a stand-up dealer. Not trying to bad-mouth him here on the boards.

Scott

Good luck with Hauser. Although he may be a stand up dealer, it was like pulling teeth from him when I told him about some restored books because he kept saying that 3 months was too long (books were trimmed and CT). He eventually took the 2 books back but wanted the one that was clean (The 3 weren't sold in a lot but separately, I just wanted my $$ back so I agreed with it. He then told me that his new policy was 30 days for returns for books being found restored so I have never purchased from him again.

Well......this morning is starting out like c r a p. I have been monitoring the value tier submission that me and some of the guys sent in. They are being graded as we speak, and TWO of my books (I contributed 15 of the 30) have already been earmarked as restored. One I bought from a board member off of ebay, the other was from a dealer. I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare. :frustrated:

Scott

Damn, that sucks Scott. :(

How many of the 30 have been graded so far?

I shouldn't have mentioned John's name as mistakes happen. I am sure he will fix the situation as he is a stand-up dealer. Not trying to bad-mouth him here on the boards.

Scott

Good luck with Hauser. Although he may be a stand up dealer, it was like pulling teeth from him when I told him about some restored books because he kept saying that 3 months was too long (books were trimmed and CT). He eventually took the 2 books back but wanted the one that was clean (The 3 weren't sold in a lot but separately, I just wanted my $$ back so I agreed with it. He then told me that his new policy was 30 days for returns for books being found restored so I have never purchased from him again.

That is a pizz poor way to do business. Requesting that the book that wasnt resto'd be returned with the ones that were? So, for the price of a refund, he gets a graded book?

:screwy:

Scott

That is a pizz poor way to do business. Requesting that the book that wasnt resto'd be returned with the ones that were? So, for the price of a refund, he gets a graded book?

:screwy:

Like I said, zero dealings with him since.

And im thinking zero dealings with me in the future

Chalk me down as well, thanks. (thumbs u

Andy

Make this the second dealer I will not do business with from now on :)

Andy

My second one too. I can live with bad grading, I'll even eat that most of the time, and anyone can miss restoration, but this about not accepting returns of restored books is BS.

If someone buys a raw book from me, I'll gladly give them CGC published time plus two weeks to let me know if there was a resto problem and then a week to return it.

Grading is subjective - restoration is not.

Well....I have been trying to digest today the results from this Value Tier submission. Some really good grades as expected, a few better than expected. Some real shockers...and those are the ones that are the eye openers on buying raw books. I have one more book that hasn't been graded according to the status of the invoice. Maybe it will show up tomorrow.

Here are the Good, Bad, and the UGLY

Good

Forever People 3 9.6 OW Was hoping for better pages, but I had this one as a 9.4

Forever People 9 9.6 White. Bought this one from Collin and we both agreed and got the grade right. Thanks for the sweet copy sir!

Jimmy Olsen 145 9.4 OW/W I had this pegged as a 9.4

Jimmy Olsen 147 9.8 White. Really happy with this one as I had it at a 9.6

New Gods 7 9.6 OW/W I am happy with this as I had it at a 9.4

Mister Miracle 4 9.6 OW I had this one as a 9.4...and still feel that it is. A true gift grade on this one. They owed me though after the books at the end of this post.

Mister Miracle 16 9.6 White Had this one pegged correctly.

Swamp Thing 9 9.6 White

Swamp Thing 10 9.4 White I thought this one was a slam dunk 9.6. Not sure what I missed.

Bad

Swamp Thing 3 9.2 CR/OW I had this one down as a sure 9.4 with OW pages. SUX

Adventure 436 9.4 CR/OW I had this one down as a 9.6 with ow/w pages. I definitely do not agree with this one. Going to try and see what I missed.

UGLY

Swamp Thing 5 9.4 White SP Restored. I had it as a 9.4 White.....but there must have been some CT I missed on the book. SUX

Swamp Thing 8 9.8 OW/W TRIMMED Bought this as a PGX 9.8 White and re-submitted it to CGC. PGX needs to change their name to POS, because that is what they are.

New Gods 3 9.0 White. I totally missed on this book. I had it as a 9.6-9.8 White. The book was freaking gorgeous. I am going to have to get to the bottom on this one. This book bothers me more than the Swampies do. In either case, all 3 of them suk.

All in all some very nice grades, but damn, what a kick in the nutz some of these were.

Scott

Edited by Wrightson fan

Andy

My second one too. I can live with bad grading, I'll even eat that most of the time, and anyone can miss restoration, but this about not accepting returns of restored books is BS.

If someone buys a raw book from me, I'll gladly give them CGC published time plus two weeks to let me know if there was a resto problem and then a week to return it.

Grading is subjective - restoration is not.

(thumbs u (worship)

Many thanks to (worship) Scott (Wrightson fan) for the great idea of putting together a value tier submission and allowing me and some other forum members to submit some of our books. I sent Scott 10 books a couple months back and he just pm'd me the grades. :applause:

Here were my original grades:

Amazing Spider-Man #69 8.5 (from my OO collection)

Amazing Spider-Man #106 9.2 (from my OO collection)

Amazing Spider-Man #124 9.0 (from my OO collection)

Batman #121 3.5/4.0 (bought as a 5.0 from bronzilla)

Captain America 8.5/9.0 (bought as a 8.5 from nik)

Detective Comics #440 9.4

Fantastic Four #43 8.0 (from my OO collection)

Justice League of America #84 9.4 (bought as a 9.4 from johnenock)

Tales of Suspense #22 5.5

X-Men #17 7.5 (bought as a 6.5 from zillaf4 on ebay)

Grades realized:

Amazing Spider-Man #69 9.0 OW/W :)

Amazing Spider-Man #106 9.2 OW :)

Amazing Spider-Man #124 9.4 W :cloud9:

Batman #121 4.5 OW :)

Captain America 8.5 OW/W ;)

Detective Comics #440 9.2 OW/W :P

Fantastic Four #43 9.0 W :cloud9:

Justice League of America #84 9.6 OW/W :banana:

Tales of Suspense #22 6.0 C/OW :banana:

X-Men #17 ... the only book not graded yet :popcorn: