• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,964 posts in this topic

Just got about 200 9.8 moderns back from CGC over the last week. Here are some for my own collection:

A couple of $1.50 price variants, CGC didn't give them seperate "Variant" designation, but they noted the price on the label:

321var.jpg

319var.jpg

Finally got this one, UXM Ann. 13, only 4 previously in the census:

Ann13.jpg

Another tough one, the non-foil version of UXM 350:

350news.jpg

I've been slowly having a few of my off-the-rack early BA purchases graded, and while I still have yet to find an elusive 9.8 among them, I did get a few more of these:

Thor229.jpg

Finally, no submission of mine would be complete without the "disagreement" with CGC. In this case, CGC badly disagreed with itself. This old blue label purchase was cracked out and sat undisturbed in a mylar with fullback for about 6 years. It was resubmitted without the old label:

Now, the nicest 8.5 on the planet:

MF2.jpg

Then:

MF2oldlabel.jpg

:boo:

:applause: always great to see your books :).... :sorry: on the marvel feature, it sure looks nice to me Edited by Green

Yea I would def call and get the graders notes and tell them this was a resubbed 9.2 becuase an 9.2 to an 8.5 should never happen unless the book got damaged in shipment.

A 9.2 to an 8.5 should never happen unless the book got damaged in shipment.

You still have much to learn, Grasshopper. An opinion, the CGC grade is. Nothing more. A fact it is not, nor a truth. Sometimes, it is an opinion that ebbs and flows. Allow these wisdoms to penetrate into the deep recesses of your mind, and you will become one with the universe, or at least come to the realization that one should buy the comic book and not the label!

kung-fu.jpg

My grade 9.2 . This one was courtesy of Crazy Headband Dude in Chicago

Conan1nm001.jpg

Did they recently change the label on this book..I was just looking at my Conan 1 cgc 9.2 and it says Origin and first Marvel appearance of Conan and First Marvel appearance of King Kull in Cameo..? Everything else is the same...

Now, the nicest 8.5 on the planet

We all know that CGC's grading standards change every few months, but I hate to see it being done in such an obvious manner.

What manner would that be???...perhaps CGC grading has become more fine tuned to the point where an 8.5 will no longer be graded as a 9.2 ... (shrug)

Now, the nicest 8.5 on the planet

We all know that CGC's grading standards change every few months, but I hate to see it being done in such an obvious manner.

What manner would that be???...perhaps CGC grading has become more fine tuned to the point where an 8.5 will no longer be graded as a 9.2 ... (shrug)

(thumbs u

Maybe their 9.4 designation is now actually in line with my NM designation. hm