• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,954 posts in this topic

WOW..nice copy of the SHowcase # 1.

I can't think of another long running title, in all of comics, that most ALL of the other issues are worth MORE than the # 1 issue.

However, this copy is really nice. You don't see these everyday in high grade.

Where did you originally obtain it. What's your recollections on the purchase ?

WOW..nice copy of the SHowcase # 1.

I can't think of another long running title, in all of comics, that most ALL of the other issues are worth MORE than the # 1 issue.

However, this copy is really nice. You don't see these everyday in high grade.

Where did you originally obtain it. What's your recollections on the purchase ?

Thanks. I bought it raw from a Dealer at a Chicago Con. I had only seen one other copy in my comicbook life and it was pretty rough. I believe the dealer had purchased a collection of DC #1's. I also bought a HOM, HOS, Challengers #1,

and Brave and Bold #1 from him. I paid top guide (the 9.2 price) using cash and trade for the Showcase #1.

I also have a Showcase #2 in CGC 8.0, which I bought already slabbed in 2001 from a canadian Dealer. It is a Slobodian copy (not noted on the label). You just don't see these for sale, ever.

Just got it home today. I was hoping for an 8.5/9.0 but I can see why it got an 8.0,

just minor stuff. I've had it raw for a very long time. I am still happy with it, even an 8.0 is the 2nd highest graded ?!?

I heard they are going to make a movie about Fireman Farrell and this book will

will be on everyone's wantlist (lol).

IMG_1327.jpg

that is oe cool scarse book! nice lookig 8.0 (worship)

Some of you asked me to see the slab once I got it back. Well, here it is.

Avengers58.98.1.jpg

It's so nice to see books like this. By the time I STARTED collecting, these books were long gone out of the marketplace. I didn't think a NM silver age book even EXISTED, much less what would end up as a 9.8.

It's so nice to see them come back into the light.

Just got it home today. I was hoping for an 8.5/9.0 but I can see why it got an 8.0,

just minor stuff. I've had it raw for a very long time. I am still happy with it, even an 8.0 is the 2nd highest graded ?!?

Yikes! :o Congrats (worship)

Some of you asked me to see the slab once I got it back. Well, here it is.

Avengers58.98.1.jpg

It's so nice to see books like this. By the time I STARTED collecting, these books were long gone out of the marketplace. I didn't think a NM silver age book even EXISTED, much less what would end up as a 9.8.

It's so nice to see them come back into the light.

That's a great book. And further proof that I have no clue how to tell the difference between 9.4, 9.6 or 9.8. I guess that's why I don't work for CGC.

[

#

Gift grade!! :o nice one (thumbs u

How is that a 9.6?? Did they get it confused with another copy? Do you have a 9.6 in an 8.0 case somewhere?

Not to rag on someone's book... but that really doesn't look like a 9.6 to me either. Why is it that when CGC misses the grade(s) on my book(s) it's always unfavourable? :P

IMG_1327.jpg

I wouldn't kick it out of bed for eating crackers, that's for certain!

L

[

#

Gift grade!! :o nice one (thumbs u

How is that a 9.6?? Did they get it confused with another copy? Do you have a 9.6 in an 8.0 case somewhere?

Not to rag on someone's book... but that really doesn't look like a 9.6 to me either. Why is it that when CGC misses the grade(s) on my book(s) it's always unfavourable? :P

Comments like these sound be sent in a PM. Since you all did it publicly your all dinks.