• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

And I got back this little beauty too. Cover art by Humberto Ramos. The kid in the sketch with Spidey is my 2 1/2 year-old son Robbie.

SecretInvasion1CGC98WSSRamos.jpg

I'm not much of a signature series guy, but that's one of the coolest books I've ever seen.

When Paul Smith was at Emerald City earlier this year I decided to take a chance and get him to sign his X-Men books. Here are the results:

You suck. I hate you.

A complete run of Smith's X-Work in 9.8, signed by the man. ;)

I'll just have to content myself with having more Harby #1 9.8s than you. :P

(seriously, that's a beautiful set. Awesome!)

Paul was a real friendly guy. I had a blast talking to him and I also commissioned a Nightcrawler sketch that I gave to a buddy of mine.

I only have two Harby 1 9.8s - one is signed by Shooter and JJ. The recent increase in the census was noticed on the Valiant boards and I said it was your sweet hoard.

I should scan and post my Lapham Zephyr sketch. Then you would hate me.

And I got back this little beauty too. Cover art by Humberto Ramos. The kid in the sketch with Spidey is my 2 1/2 year-old son Robbie.

I'm not much of a signature series guy, but that's one of the coolest books I've ever seen.

Thanks, Barton. I have never been much of a signature guy myself but I have had some fun with these sketch cover books.

When Paul Smith was at Emerald City earlier this year I decided to take a chance and get him to sign his X-Men books. Here are the results:

You suck. I hate you.

A complete run of Smith's X-Work in 9.8, signed by the man. ;)

I'll just have to content myself with having more Harby #1 9.8s than you. :P

(seriously, that's a beautiful set. Awesome!)

Paul was a real friendly guy. I had a blast talking to him and I also commissioned a Nightcrawler sketch that I gave to a buddy of mine.

I only have two Harby 1 9.8s - one is signed by Shooter and JJ. The recent increase in the census was noticed on the Valiant boards and I said it was your sweet hoard.

You mean it was hypothetically noticed on the boards.....

hm

lol

I should scan and post my Lapham Zephyr sketch. Then you would hate me.

Do it! I wanna see it. The only Zeph sketch I have is a SUHWEET sketch from Hobo....

Lapham only lives 5 miles away from me! I should stalk him.

(I kid, I kid!)

(thumbs u Later in life......your son will most certainly appreciate it as well :golfclap:

Could you post a pic of your son? Curious as to the likeness vs the sketch ;)

+1 (a truly "rare" comic)

I came across this collection a little over a year ago, all DC and approximately 950 books total. I would say that the average grade is in the 9.0 to 9.2 range with page quality being off-white to white. The nice part was that all of the keys were still there :grin:

My scanner is garbage, I apologize for the scans but this is it. I recieved these back yesterday. My first submission to CGC. I want to thank Dice X and Divad for steering me in the right direction on slabbing. The Strange Tales #81 has been in my possession for over 25 years or better. It came back top edge trimmed. I guess there were butchers in the hobby back then to. I was really surprised. The Strange Tales #84 was in the grading forum before I submitted these. Divad almost nailed it with his grade. All of these books came back .5 within my grades except fot the Astonish # 93. They hit it for the light crease on the bottom front corner. I have nothing but trouble with photobucket. I someone could tell me what the best size to load these would be, I would appreciate it. I dont have the time to experiment with what size to download these.

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/CCF06062009_00005-1.jpg[/img]]sstrange tales

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/CCF06062009_00006-1.jpg[/img]]stange tales 84

[url=CCF06062009_00005.jpg]strange tales

http://i608. [url=CCF06062009_00002-1.jpg]TALES TO ASTONISH 93 RESIZED IMAGE http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/CCF06062009_00004-2.jpg[/img]]house of secrets resized image /IMG]]house of sectrets[/url]

[/url]

[url=CCF06062009_00000-1.jpg]house of mystery resized image 115

[url=CCF06062009_00003-1.jpg]JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY RESIZED IMAGE [/url]

http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/drx710y/CCF06062009_00001-1.jpg[/img]]TALES OF SUSPENSE 17 RESIZED IMAGE [/url]

Edited by DRX

They made up for it with this, 1 of 1 in grade:

ASMAnn10sale.jpg

FYI, I just saw your ASM Annual 10 on Comiclink. However, I thought I saw it on the Focused Auction also. I just checked and there is another copy in 9.8 in the Focused Auction, different cert, also advertising single highest graded. Sorry, just thought you should know.