• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

Where the hell do you find these gems? They are friggin awesome, no wonder you are thrilled. :o

the majority, if not all the high grade bronze raw ASM books came from one collector. I bought out his ASM run long ago...sadly, many of his SA books were Ct'ed and I bought them too before I knew anything about restorations. In hindsight, I am pretty sure he knew about the restorations on them but didn't disclose them....Heck, he might have done it himself!

Luckily the newer books that he had were in great condition. Eventhough I really didn't store them all that well and he didn't either...most of the books came back ow/w or w. with 9.2 to 9.8

here is the last one of that batch....I actually thought this book was trimmed so I sent it to Matt Nelson to check and he gave it a clean bill of health and it came back clean.

asm105.jpg

Edited by etanick

I love the Punishers and the Superman#75. Growing up I thought that the first Punisher mini series was just the coolest thing ever. I could never afford one when I was young. Now I own like 3 copies of the first issue but none as nice as that 9.8 Great books!:headbang:

Edited by Boboset

i'd be complimentary, but since you can't be arsed to even take them out of the freaking bags for the love of Ernst Gerber, i'm going to hold off for now

Thought I'd share a bit about the SIP #1. So, for years, there were no SIP #1s in 9.8. The book was produced under horrid conditions, with a 3,000 print run, so the shots at a 9.8 were infinitesimal to begin with.

I troll eBay for SIP, cause it's solid stuff, and probably the most important and valuable book after Bone #1 from the 1990's.

Anyhoo...in February, I was searching eBay, and found this auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320483568819

Figured I'd give it a shot. Notice anything missing from the title...?

I put in a snipe...and won it by a nickel.

I begged the seller to ship it safely packed, which she assured me she would. The book was shipped in a large, flat rate Priority box...wrapped in tissue.

God's grace, man, God's grace....

How it survived all this time, I do not know.

So, I sent it in, and the result is the book you see here. I think it's payback for all the overgraded junk I've had to deal with all these years. ;)

The Primer #5, I bought from Greg Buls back in 1999 for $10 or so. I'd been looking for that book forEVER.

Got this in the mail today. It would be a good cover for a "What if... Punisher had been a a Howling Commando?"

why did he kill J. Jonah Jameson?

i'd be complimentary, but since you can't be arsed to even take them out of the freaking bags for the love of Ernst Gerber, i'm going to hold off for now

The books are freakin' amazing. The hideous CGC bags and omnipresent flash FAILS, not so much.