• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

More grades in today from one of my recent submissions. Disappointed on some (as usual), but a few goodies including a Batman #362 CGC 9.8 and a Planet Comics #1 (1988) CGC 9.8. I'll be selling both of those along with a bunch of other slabs including an ASM Vol. 2 #36 in 9.4, some Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars in 9.2/9.4, Iron Mans (9.0 to 9.4) and a Superman #400 CGC 9.6 when I receive them. (thumbs u

More grades just in from a Standard submission:

1) Captain America Comics #21 CGC 4.5 (purchased from flatrock02 here on the boards as a 3.0/3.5 but it's been pressed since then by joeypost). :banana:

2) Incredible Hulk #6 CGC 5.0 (purchased from a board member back in 2008 as a 6.5 :P but at least it's a WHITE pager).

3) X-Men #1 CGC 1.8 PLOD SA (I bought this one on eBay a year or two ago and thought it would get a 1.8-2.0 but was never told it was restored. At least I got this pretty cheap with the Microsoft Live cash feedback program so I didn't get burned on this one).

I posted this in the Signature room but wanted to show here also. My only Stan Lee SS. I know it is low grade but this is the only one.

John B.

StrangeTales89CGC30.jpg

That's awesome - so much cooler to have a Stan Lee signature on a book he actually worked on :cloud9:

Here's my 4th submission to CGC from the UK - and the first time I've been dissapointed. My past submissions have all resulted in multiple 9.8s - not one this time! :(

I'm not having 'off-graders-sulk' but kinda takes the winds from one's sails!

Starting with Swamp Thing no.30

I got this graded because of the double-cover (and it's a cool book). Thought the out-cover was a soft but inner at least 9.4. Came back a lowly 9.0.

0165958_001-1.jpg

Next Miracleman TPBs

These were actually "to see how they'd do" as I'd previously submitted a factory shrink-wrapped Apocrypha which came back a 9.8. So not expecting super high grades but none below 9.2.

I'm particularly concerned about the Book 2 and Book 4 as both now have rear spine white marks as if the inner holder supporter has sheared paper-off because the books are so thick. I'm sure they weren't like this before. I know I should call for grader's notes. There's also a little sliver of spine in Book 3 which lends itself to my shearing theory. Anyone else had this?

0165958_006-1.jpg

0165958_007-1.jpg

0165958_009-1.jpg

0165958_008-1.jpg

Next the Miracleman covered (still not on the label!) rare A1 Sketchbook. I have had 3 9.8s of this in the past. Thought these would be a 9.6 and a 9.8 (but the other way round!)

0165958_004-1.jpg

0165958_003-1.jpg

Miracleman 17 Gold edition. This was previously a 9.4 so I guess it took its time to rest and has now become higer grade! :)

0165958_002-1.jpg

Finally and by far the most surprising off all is my Preacher Preview which I've previously shown on the board. Found inside it's original DC promo mag, untouched by human hands, just perfect in every way.... ONLY came back a 9.6. I genuinely thought it'd be 9.9 or 10.0. Certainly now lower than 9.8. :D

0165958_005-1.jpg

So not sure what to do with these now....

Hasn't put me off CGC just a bit of a bummer!

Here's my 4th submission to CGC from the UK - and the first time I've been dissapointed. My past submissions have all resulted in multiple 9.8s - not one this time! :(

I got this graded because of the double-cover (and it's a cool book). Thought the out-cover was a soft but inner at least 9.4. Came back a lowly 9.0.

0165958_001-1.jpg

Next Miracleman TPBs

These were actually "to see how they'd do" as I'd previously submitted a factory shrink-wrapped Apocrypha which came back a 9.8. So not expecting super high grades but none below 9.2.

I'm particularly concerned about the Book 2 and Book 4 as both now have rear spine white marks as if the inner holder supporter has sheared paper-off because the books are so thick. I'm sure they weren't like this before. I know I should call for grader's notes. There's also a little sliver of spine in Book 3 which lends itself to my shearing theory. Anyone else had this?

0165958_006-1.jpg

0165958_007-1.jpg

0165958_009-1.jpg

0165958_008-1.jpg

Next the Miracleman covered (still not on the label!) rare A1 Sketchbook. I have had 3 9.8s of this in the past. Thought these would be a 9.6 and a 9.8 (but the other way round!)

0165958_004-1.jpg

0165958_003-1.jpg

Miracleman 17 Gold edition. This was previously a 9.4 so I guess it took its time to rest and has now become higer grade! :)

0165958_002-1.jpg

Finally and by far the most surprising off all is my Preacher Preview which I've previously shown on the board. Found inside it's original DC promo mag, untouched by human hands, just perfect in every way.... ONLY came back a 9.6. I genuinely thought it'd be 9.9 or 10.0. Certainly now lower than 9.8. :D

0165958_005-1.jpg

When I'm dissapointed with a grade,I usually keep to sell just in case I need the money.

Nice books BTW :cool:

Back today from Emerald City - Thanks Chandler.

Fantastic Four #49 CGC 7.0 Signed by Stan Lee

FF49CGC70SS.jpg

This is a nice match for my FF #48 which Chandler had done at the Frank & Son show a few months back. FF #50 is at the Masters:

FF48CGC75SS.jpg

Really weird. You seem to have examined the books thoroughly and had good knowledge, but in all, I still think you have some lovely books. That Preacher (from the picture) looks really nice :shrug:

0165958_001-1.jpg

Next Miracleman TPBs

0165958_006-1.jpg

0165958_007-1.jpg

0165958_009-1.jpg

0165958_008-1.jpg

0165958_004-1.jpg

0165958_003-1.jpg

0165958_002-1.jpg

0165958_005-1.jpg

FF49CGC70SS.jpg

This is a nice match for my FF #48 which Chandler had done at the Frank & Son show a few months back. FF #50 is at the Masters:

FF48CGC75SS.jpg

That #49 is a sweet-looking 7.0. :applause:

FF49CGC70SS.jpg

FF48CGC75SS.jpg

That #49 is a sweet-looking 7.0. :applause:

Dude,LTS is going to be :sick: with envy when she see those books lol

0165958_001-1.jpg

Next Miracleman TPBs

0165958_006-1.jpg

0165958_007-1.jpg

0165958_009-1.jpg

0165958_008-1.jpg

0165958_004-1.jpg

0165958_003-1.jpg

0165958_002-1.jpg

0165958_005-1.jpg

Sorry you're not happy with these results, Ewan, but you still have some wonderful, wonderful books.

Oh, and the gold foil edition should be in a green label. It was added by a comic book retailer (New Dimension) over a decade after the were printed. If *I* add gold foil to a book, will *I* get a blue label back?

No.