• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

TTA82.jpg

The first TTA I ever bought at Golden Age Collectibles in Seattle out of their quarter bin back in the late 70's. With a sharpy mark across the price and everything.... :cloud9:

I picked up the following books from an OO collection late last Summer, I finally got them all graded a few months ago, and just this week I've found the time for photographs. I do apologize for the glare in each pic, i am without a good scanner...

In total, I bought 160 books, and sent 130 to be graded that I believed to grade 9.2 or better. Very pleased with the final grades (except for one PLOD, definitely not expected),

8.0 - 2

8.5 - 4

9.0 - 9

9.2 - 20

9.4 - 49

9.6 - 36

9.8 - 4

first up, The Amazing Spider-Man

thAmazing_Spiderman_75.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_76.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_77.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_78.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_80.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_88.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_89.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_90.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_91.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_92.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_94.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_95.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_105.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_107.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_108.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_109.jpg.thAmazing_Spiderman_110.jpg

Still surprised at the PLOD on 109, not expecting professional resto on a book from an old collection, but anything can happen I guess.

and now for some (mostly) Neal Adams Batman

thBatman_205.jpg.thBatman_218.jpg.thBatman_220.jpg.thBatman_223.jpg.thBatman_225.jpg.thBatman_227.jpg.thBatman_232.jpg.thBatman_234.jpg.thBatman_237.jpg.thBatman_242.jpg.thBatman_243.jpg.thBatman_244.jpg

I did resub the Bats 232, it originally came back as 9.0 OW, on resub it is now 8.5 CR-OW. To get both lower Grade AND lower PQ is upsetting, but that's the risk... And I've posted the 227 before, this was the only book I had graded immediately upon receiving (thought it had strong chance at 9.8) but posting again here for completeness' sake.

Neal's beginnings on The Brave and the Bold

thBrave_andthe_Bold_79.jpg.thBrave_andthe_Bold_80.jpg

and finally some of Neal's Deadman run on Strange Adventures

thStrangeAdventures_208.jpg.thStrangeAdventures_209.jpg.thStrangeAdventures_211.jpg.thStrangeAdventures_212.jpg.thStrangeAdventures_213.jpg.thStrangeAdventures_214.jpg

Edited by kaylab

Recent books back from CGC (for all of you 9.8 whores out there):

Dang Mike. Those are some sweet books!

(worship)

Man the bats books from both of you guys are to die for,beauty examples. (worship)

They're ALL for sale (except 6 or 7 of the Batmans which have already sold). :baiting:

They're ALL for sale (except 6 or 7 of the Batmans which have already sold). :baiting:

:ohnoez:

Tec 523 :cloud9:

Tec 525 :cloud9::cloud9:

Latest sale in Copper/Modern Age area starts shortly. :whee:

Maybe this time I'll actually sell something. :baiting:

Edited by Shark