• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

okay, here goes:

i've always had this goal of having a SS book for every decade of detective comics. FFB was responsible for my detective #6 getting signed, so 1930's out of the way. i recently noticed that jerry robinson was going to be at SDCC, and i figured if i keep waiting, no one who worked on detective in the 1940's will be around soon. so, hurriedly, i bought a detective comics # 72 raw off metropolis. it was listed as a 4.5. looked good, but i was sure hoping there would be no restoration. with about 1 week to buy and receive the book, then mail it to desertwind comics, i didn't know if it would happen or not. luckily, they got the book. a few months go by, and today i receive a box in the mail. open it, and inside is my detective comics # 72 signed by jerry robinson. first off, it's perfectly signed right in the middle of the cover. doesn't take away from the art in any way (didn't even see it at first). i'd post a pic of the book, but i don't know how to do it (one day my GF might show me..lol)......anyway, remember i told you i bought it as a 4.5 raw? well, it came back as a 6.0 sig series, with off-white -white pages. i'm stunned! even without being signed, it's already worth more than i paid for it.

oh yeah, thank you to desertwind comics. everything was perfect.

okay, here goes:

i've always had this goal of having a SS book for every decade of detective comics. FFB was responsible for my detective #6 getting signed, so 1930's out of the way. i recently noticed that jerry robinson was going to be at SDCC, and i figured if i keep waiting, no one who worked on detective in the 1940's will be around soon. so, hurriedly, i bought a detective comics # 72 raw off metropolis. it was listed as a 4.5. looked good, but i was sure hoping there would be no restoration. with about 1 week to buy and receive the book, then mail it to desertwind comics, i didn't know if it would happen or not. luckily, they got the book. a few months go by, and today i receive a box in the mail. open it, and inside is my detective comics # 72 signed by jerry robinson. first off, it's perfectly signed right in the middle of the cover. doesn't take away from the art in any way (didn't even see it at first). i'd post a pic of the book, but i don't know how to do it (one day my GF might show me..lol)......anyway, remember i told you i bought it as a 4.5 raw? well, it came back as a 6.0 sig series, with off-white -white pages. i'm stunned! even without being signed, it's already worth more than i paid for it.

Congrats! I love stories like this (worship)

okay, here goes:

Congrats! I love stories like this (worship)

Me too (worship) (worship)

Here are the books from my first box that came today.

Thanks to Chandler and Sharon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still have some outstanding books from this order - another ASM #300, (2) #314, #315, #316 and (2) Spider-Man #1 Gold Variants.

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.0 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this an 8.5

ASM300CGC90SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #300 CGC 9.4 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this an 9.4/9.6

ASM300CGC94SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #303 CGC 6.0 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this an 9.2/9.4 - will have to call on this one

ASM303CGC60SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #304 CGC 9.6 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4 - I love the sig placement

ASM304CGC96SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #305 CGC 9.6 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM305CGC96SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #306 CGC 9.4 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM306CGC94SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #306 CGC 9.8 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.6

ASM306CGC98SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #307 CGC 9.4 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM307CGC94SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #308 CGC 9.8 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.6

ASM308CGC98SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #309 CGC 9.8 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM309CGC98SS-010.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #309 CGC 9.8 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.6

ASM309CGC98SS-011.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #310 CGC 9.0 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM310CGC90SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #310 CGC 9.4 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.6

ASM310CGC94SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #312 CGC 9.8 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM312CGC98SS.jpg

Amazing Spider-Man #313 CGC 9.6 signed by Todd McFarlane

I graded this a 9.4

ASM313CGC96SS.jpg

Here are the books from my first box that came today.

:applause:

Amazing haul, Brian. Did you submit the Mignola Batman issues as well?

Hi Nick,

For Mignola sigs, I sent these books to Adam and he had them signed at DragonCon. I don not expect them back for another month:

Batman #426

Batman #428

Marvel Team-Up #141

How are things going?

Brian

Just got this book back. It is finally done, Sign by all the orignal cast who are still present. Also this is the highest graded SS book out there with all sigs.

Star Trek #1 Gold Key SS by Shatner, Nimoy, Nichols, Koeing, and finally Takei :banana:

STARTREK1SS.jpg

Just got this book back. It is finally done, Sign by all the orignal cast who are still present. Also this is the highest graded SS book out there with all sigs.

Star Trek #1 Gold Key SS by Shatner, Nimoy, Nichols, Koeing, and finally Takei :banana:

:o

(worship)

There's a new sheriff in town (albeit briefly I'm sure) ...

First, an upgrade to my current 9.4...

blackmagic1.jpg

Next, purchased raw for $10 from my good buddy Wade at Comic Madness in Levittown, PA...

firestorm.jpg

This book I have had a hard time finding, and can't justify spending a lot of money on it in a higher grade...

SecretSociety1.jpg

The jewel of this submission. Purchased raw for $40 at Mike Carbo's show in NYC back in February...

superfriends.jpg

Another DC #1 I've had a hard time finding in a higher grade...

superteam1.jpg

Purchased raw from my friend Steve Snyder at a Philadelphia Comic-Con a few months back...

triggertwins.jpg

Yet another Bronze DC #1 I've had a hard time finding in a grade higher than 9.2...

weirdworlds.jpg

STARTREK1SS.jpg

OH MY! :whee:

You are doing great! There is nothing like finding these babies in the wild and subbing them yourself.

You are safe from me for a couple of months. Then when next con season hits . . . :devil:

You are doing great! There is nothing like finding these babies in the wild and subbing them yourself.

You are safe from me for a couple of months. Then when next con season hits . . . :devil:

Thanks. I know it's only a matter of time before you (or Greggy) return to the top spot.

I've got my own stockpile to send to CGC of more, including the hard-to-find World's Greatest Super Heroes Child's Vitamins giveaway from 1977. It's not in the best condition, but it will be the only graded copy in the world.

STARTREK1SS.jpg

OH MY! :whee:

lol:signfunny: it's the new Quattro technology lol