• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

More MegaCon Goodness - 1st shipment of my Economy books have arrived

Conan the Barbarian #24 CGC 8.5 SS

Signed by Roy Thomas

1st Red Sonja

Purchased raw from Pirate

CB24CGC85SS.jpg

Conan the Barbarian #24 CGC 9.0 SS

Signed by Roy Thomas

1st Red Sonja

Purchased raw from Pirate

CB24CGC90SS.jpg

Edited by LoneTree

IMG_4008.jpg

Handful of keys. I love Supes #50. It's probably the very first "instantly hot" book I ever got to buy, and I haunted the newsstands at Pac N' Save in Dublin, CA for this book to hit, having already sold out of direct stores some 2-3 weeks earlier. Within a month, they were selling for $25 each. I ended up buying 12 copies for cover price at around 11 PM as they were unpacking them. Those were the days. Also super tough in 9.8, with only 4 copies on the census.

IMG_4011.jpg

Issue #258 is actually a tough book in this grade, too, for the same issues as Amazing Spidey #317 (the spine kinks.) My first new issue of X-Men at my LCS was, I think, #263. If not, it was #264. #266 came soon enough.

IMG_4012.jpg

I love Wolvie #10, and would have bought 100 copies when it came out if it could, but I wasn't buying. I "hid" 3 copies in the Wonder Woman section (priced at $2.25 each) at Fact, Fiction & Fantasy in Livermore, CA, and when I got back, they were gone. :(

IMG_4014.jpg

Both -1s are the variants. The Classic X-Men #39 is only the second copy of this book in 9.8! Unbelievable!

Just got these back from CGC today. The first couple are a little eh, but overall I was very pleased.

ASM87.jpg

Hulk125.jpg

H4H1.jpg

DD174.jpg

CM33.jpg

Copy A

CM33mh2.jpg

Copy B, this is a Mile High II copy I bought through MH's catalog in the late 1980's

wbn15.jpg

ASM134.jpg

AV99.jpg

AV100.jpg

Last, but most certainly not least....

IMG_4024.jpg

Subbed for a customer. Great taste. I think GL #46, as the catalyst for the last 17 years of GL continuity, will become a very important book in the coming years.

IMG_4022.jpg

AF #51 is a tough book in 9.8, as is the Adventurers #1 variant.

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

I love Death in the Family 9.8s.... :cloud9:

IMG_4025.jpg

...as well as Ten Nights of the Beast... :cloud9:

IMG_4021.jpg

I love McFarlane Spideys. I'll get all 29 books in 9.8 together at some point.

IMG_4020.jpg

Spidey #308 is currently the rarest McFarlane Spidey (aside from Spec Spid Ann #9) in 9.8.

IMG_4018.jpg

One of these I bought last year for $20, because I was confident it would grade 9.8. 10 years ago, even 5 years ago, this would have been unthinkable to me...to pay more than OPG for a modern...? :screwy: I finally, however, figured out that it was foolishness to pass up a $XXX book for $20, if it was a 9.8 potential book.

IMG_4019.jpg

McFarlane Coppers..... :cloud9:

My latest Stan Lee Signature Series just arrived back this afternoon:

CaptainAmerica100CGC80SSStanLee.jpg

SilverSurfer2CGC85SSStanLee.jpg

I'm a bit ticked about the Cap #100 because neither the LLC ding nor the LRC crease were on the book when they were signed by Stan in Dallas. :mad:

But I thought those would affect the grade more than they did so I'm at least happy it still got an 8.0.

The Silver Surfer #2 grade was dead-on with what I had predicted for it so I'm pleased with that one. I now have Silver Surfer #1, 2, 4 and 5 in Stan Lee Signature Series slabs (6.5, 8.5, 7.5 and 8.5 respectively). Now I'll just have to go out and find a nice #3. hm