• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,955 posts in this topic

Great books, and those scans are so clear. (worship) You must have a really nice scanner.

Thanks, Mike. It's an old scanner that's popular around here (Microtek i800) with scanning software from a different company (VueScan).

But I messed around with the software settings until I found a decent recipe. Still not perfect, but way better than my old scans.

Just received my NYCC SS grades: Punisher 10 9.8 (Portacio), XMen 141 9.6 (Claremont - old label .2 bump), XMen 141 9.8 (Stan Lee and Claremont), Uncanny XMen 193 9.8 (Claremont and JR Jr.), Uncanny XMen 213 9.8 (Stan Lee and Claremont), Uncanny XMen 288 9.8 (Joe Simon, Jim Lee Claremont), :) pics upon receipt! Merry X-Mas!

Got my first subs ever from CGC, these were dropped off at SDCC this year.

Amazing Spiderman #42. 9.0. White pages

Amazing Spiderman #51. 8.5. Off white/white pages

Amazing Spiderman #121. 6.5. Off white/white.

And sadly

Amazing Spiderman #56 apparent 8.5 slight P

I've had all these books for years and just now started buying graded books.

It sure is fun getting a box of books in the mail not knowing what the grades are inside. It took 5 months to get them back, but I think I'll do it again this year at SDCC.

ComicScans165.jpg

Nice book Wes. (thumbs u

That's a tough book to find in decent shape. I finally found one about eight months ago. Incidentally it is also a slabbed 7.5. Congrats. It's a real keeper. Great story, too. It was first reprinted in Superman Annual 2 of which I have a raw and slabbed copy so I've read the story a few times. Also I remember reading the book as a kid. I had a beater from Cherokee Books in Hollwood, Calif.

SLR

Received my three today. Don't have a scanner hooked up at the moment, therefore, no pics. :P

Strange Suspense Stories 18 CGC 8.5 Universal C/OW Northford pedigree

Tied for highest graded in the census.

Spellbound 8 CGC 9.0 Universal C/OW Northford pedigree

Highest graded in the census.

Crime Suspenstories 22 CGC 4.5 Universal C/OW

CGC did not make a notation on the label about the book being signed (by Bill Gaines) on the first page. I guess when the book drops below a certain grade, they disregard the mention of any interior writing, ie "Name written on first page in pen". Oh well.

Crime Suspenstories 22 CGC 4.5 Universal C/OW

CGC did not make a notation on the label about the book being signed (by Bill Gaines) on the first page. I guess when the book drops below a certain grade, they disregard the mention of any interior writing, ie "Name written on first page in pen". Oh well.

Not so. I have a 1.8 book that received the notation. Might have just been missed.

ComicScans165.jpg

Nice book Wes. (thumbs u

That's a tough book to find in decent shape. I finally found one about eight months ago. Incidentally it is also a slabbed 7.5. Congrats. It's a real keeper. Great story, too. It was first reprinted in Superman Annual 2 of which I have a raw and slabbed copy so I've read the story a few times. Also I remember reading the book as a kid. I had a beater from Cherokee Books in Hollwood, Calif.

SLR

It is a tough one for sure !...I have a CGC 7.5 ow that I got from a board member and I can't ever seeing myself upgrade.....

Welcome to the club ! (thumbs u