• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,967 posts in this topic

Some recent doubles...

doubles1.jpg

doubles2.jpg

Cool stuff. Assuming they came from the same collection or source I find it interesting the page quality on a couple were different. Do you remember if the book with White pages really had superior pages to it's double.

I love the JLA 55, always found this one tough to find in high grade. I just picked up a 9.0 copy recently, I should have waited for one of your 9.6's to be offered !

Cool stuff. Assuming they came from the same collection or source I find it interesting the page quality on a couple were different. Do you remember if the book with White pages really had superior pages to it's double.

I love the JLA 55, always found this one tough to find in high grade. I just picked up a 9.0 copy recently, I should have waited for one of your 9.6's to be offered !

I noticed zero difference. Not sure how CGC determines PQ, but it always seems a little random to me.

Menace3-1.jpg

Got this back a few weeks ago from CGC. I bought it for my wife who is a big horror and mystery fan. She was really disappointed with the grade since the seller who sold it to us claimed it was much higher and sold it at FMV. We tried to persuade him to make some kind of adjustment for us but he would have none of it. Dealers large and small at least for me have. And I know I would. I don't want to sully his reputation since he sells books frequently on the boards but he should know he disappointed not only me but my wife. To quote Kurt Vonnegut: "And so it goes"

Menace3-1.jpg

Got this back a few weeks ago from CGC. I bought it for my wife who is a big horror and mystery fan. She was really disappointed with the grade since the seller who sold it to us claimed it was much higher and sold it at FMV. We tried to persuade him to make some kind of adjustment for us but he would have none of it. Dealers large and small at least for me have. And I know I would. I don't want to sully his reputation since he sells books frequently on the boards but he should know he disappointed not only me but my wife. To quote Kurt Vonnegut: "And so it goes"

[font:Book Antiqua]Sorry to hear that

Maybe the “Seller” will come forward

and offer a partial refund...

After all

reputations it’s everything in the forums...[/font]

:whistle: