• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week Back From CGC
46 46

17,958 posts in this topic

I actually go these back last monday, but didn't have time to post a pic till now. This was with my CS coupon. Happy with the outcome!!

2ebe86fc-1c32-40f8-aba4-b08cc0cf3c64_zpsbbfafd79.jpg

Nice grouping. :applause: Wish I had a WD #1,but sadly I think they are a tad over priced at the moment. :sorry:

I actually go these back last monday, but didn't have time to post a pic till now. This was with my CS coupon. Happy with the outcome!!

2ebe86fc-1c32-40f8-aba4-b08cc0cf3c64_zpsbbfafd79.jpg

Nice grouping. :applause: Wish I had a WD #1,but sadly I think they are a tad over priced at the moment. :sorry:

Luckily I got both of my walking dead #1's 3 years ago for about $200 each. I had to get the black label and white label versions of both. I was excited about the ASM 129 getting a 9.4!! ASM #50 was what I was expecting!

Edited by The Jerr

JVXJapxl.jpg

Another great benefit of a book being in a CGC case. I've had this book in a bag and board for so long, I forgot the alternate cover art is on the back cover.

- Variant Cover: Chris Warner artwork.

- Regular Cover: Dave Dorman artwork.

NBFndPSl.jpg

JVXJapxl.jpg

Another great benefit of a book being in a CGC case. I've had this book in a bag and board for so long, I forgot the alternate cover art is on the back cover.

- Variant Cover: Chris Warner artwork.

- Regular Cover: Dave Dorman artwork.

NBFndPSl.jpg

Nick,

So the blue cover is the variant? I actually have more of those than I do the regular cover.

That's the WORST. :frustrated:

I had some problems with USPS this week as well. I was tracking my first major Bowen statue from Germany> And it just stated "Depart Sort Facility" in the next state over for about a week + with no updates. Turns out it was in customs for a week. But no one could give me answers. Finally showed up on Friday.

I hope it turns up soon. :wishluck:

I had some problems with USPS this week as well. I was tracking my first major Bowen statue from Germany> And it just stated "Depart Sort Facility" in the next state over for about a week + with no updates. Turns out it was in customs for a week. But no one could give me answers. Finally showed up on Friday.

Well, I got a thing saying where I could pick it up.

And I went there. And they couldn't find it.

Well, I got a thing saying where I could pick it up.

And I went there. And they couldn't find it.

The last time that happened to me, it was still on the carrier's truck.

Well after messing about for half the day, the package was finally found.

And my first ever CGC Submission is back!

CGC-Return.jpg

4 out of 5 are better than expected.

I got burnt on the Hawkman though. I was expecting much higher.

However, it was the first Hawkman #4 I ever got, and I was so excited to have one that I never inspected it inside out to grade it. So It would appear I missed a pretty massive flaw, which is unusual. If you've ever seen one of my sales threads, you'd see how thorough I am with evaluating and grading books.

This was also my first submission to Joey, and I have nothing but good things to say about that as well.

Not a very good scan, but I am pleased to get it graded and

certified as an Variant Edition.

10580054226_e0949c4d62.jpg

mm

What is the story behind this one Marty?

I picked this book up in 1947 from the GEORGIA RAILROAD BANK AND TRUST

COMPANY in Augusta, GA.

When going through my books last year, I found it tucked away inside a SENSATION

#68.

mm