• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow - you NEVER see this book in this condition!

30 posts in this topic

Didn't you guys know, I swear I read this is in a recent publication:

(Put in name of least favorite dealer) is proud to announce the unveiling of the POS

collection! This Iron Man/Sub-Mariner 1 is just a small sampling of the amazing books from this collection that we have sent to CGC to be graded. This collection was lovingly stored in a muggy, bug infested attic for many years.Despite the already ideal storage conditions the owner of this collection decided to upgrade his many PR's and FR's issues before sending them to CGC to be graded! After using a magic marker and some turpentine this particular issue of Iron Man/Sub-Mariner 1 was upgraded from a PR+ to a G. The colors on this book are so amazing they practically look wet as if they were dripping off the cover.In fact holding up a NM/M copy to this one would be like comparing a candle to the sun!(Sound familiar Comic Keys). When we decide to release this full collection to the public(leamings)we expect it go for multiple of guides, therefore bid early and bid high on this issue as the reserve we have set is very reasonable(10 X Guide).

Why would anyone waste their money by sending this POS into CGC!

That book is amazing. It has EVERY undesirable feature:

- Low grade

- PLOD

- CROW pages

- cracked slab

- oh, and did I mention it's a late 60s POS book with incredibly crappy art by my personal least fave of the Marvel Bullpen, George Tuska? Or that it stars those masters of evil, AIM, with their terror-invoking yellow jumpsuits?

Breathtaking!!!! cloud9.gif

oh, and did I mention it's a late 60s POS book with incredibly crappy art by my personal least fave of the Marvel Bullpen, George Tuska?
Pretty harsh words about the esteemed Mr. Tuska. As anyone who has met George or Dorothy knows, both are wonderful to fans. George is in his mid to late 80's and still does very nice drawings for a reasonable fee. I got a great Captain America and Iron Man image from him a few years ago. I really liked his work on the Iron Man series in the late 60's/early 70's.

That book is amazing. It has EVERY undesirable feature:

- Low grade

- PLOD

- CROW pages

- cracked slab

- oh, and did I mention it's a late 60s POS book with incredibly crappy art by my personal least fave of the Marvel Bullpen, George Tuska? Or that it stars those masters of evil, AIM, with their terror-invoking yellow jumpsuits?

Breathtaking!!!! cloud9.gif

DON'T DISS AIM 893frustrated.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifshocked.gifmad.gifmad.gifmad.gif893frustrated.gif893whatthe.gifmakepoint.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif