• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC is now GRADING COMIC MAGAZINES!

80 posts in this topic

Called cgc and had a short conversation with Mr SteveB, and he clarified a few things...

1. If the Graphic Novel or Hardcover comic mag fits the sleeve then they will grade it. Now he said this with a bit of hesitation as if he needed to spend a few more cycles on this topic before answering so I imagine this statement is a bit qualified.

2. They are only doing comic book slabbing on-site for the forseeable future (no mag slabbing at Wizard World Dallas).

I just called and talked to one of the CSR's and was told the slab size is 8 5/32" x 10 31/32".

If this is true, regular "Marvel Graphic Novel" will not fit the slab as it needs to be 8 3/8" wide at least. The slab would be 3/32" too narrow.

This is a big let down to me because I have all the early ones that are begging to be graded.

I was going to send off a first print #1 and #5 today, but I guess they wont fit the slab.

Steve, can you shed a little light on this?

Will the Marvel Graphic Novels fit?

I need an answer quick so I can get them mailed off in the morning, if they do fit.

This seems a little odd since most every oversized mag is this same size.

With the deluge of questions, I bet Steve's already regretting having announced it! grin.gif

My crappy mags are on already on their way! thumbsup2.gif Never was much of a mag collector though so they really do suck! sorry.gif

i will be sending a savage tales #1 i am shooting for a 8.5-9.0 on, a vampirella #100 which should be 9.4 or 9.6 (though its a shame to seal that one up since its one of the few times vampi went topless cloud9.gif), a creepy #4 which should hit 9.4 and a skywald Scream #8 which should hit 8.5 to 9.0. i guess i'll take it from there...

My crappy mags are on already on their way! thumbsup2.gifsorry.gif

Is there an online form to fill out? confused.gif

The Heritage link has a button for comics and one for magazines now! cool.gif

The Heritage link has a button for comics and one for magazines now! cool.gif

Sweetness! Anything exciting happen on the boards today? I was out of commission cleaning the after-effects of a fricking virus from my computer....... mad.gif

Sigh...boards been dead lately. Luckily I can converse with the Bughead via EMAILs! I'm going to have my HD reformated tonight so no baggin' for me tonight! confused-smiley-013.gif

Like I said man, nothing too exciting. My magazine collection truly bites - I just hated storing anything oddsize. A couple TMNT, a mid # eerie with a Frazetta cover, a few epic illustrateds (frazetta, kaluta, and adams covers) that Bizarre Adventures with the Miller Elektra story. confused-smiley-013.gif

It's all exciting to me man....I just like to hear what other people are sending in as some of the OS prices don't reflect a reasonable market price for some of the mags that I am thinking of sending in....

For example:

[*]"Thrilling Adventure Stories" #1 & 2 (great but the stories and artwork are phenominal.)

[*]"Bizarre Adventures" #27 (with Iceman, Pheonix and Nightcrawler)

[*] "Doc Savage"

I will be sending in the "Kiss" mag along with "Marvel Preview" #2 and "Epic" #3 as I think these mags are well known Key or collectable issues.... thumbsup2.gif

Epic #3? What's the deal there? I don't remember anything special about that issue.... pretty cool orange cover as I recall though.

I will also send in my Cerebus #1 if the potential buyer that's sniffing around it doesn't bite. thumbsup2.gif