• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do you scan CGC books

5 posts in this topic

I tried scanning some of the books I got back from CGC. The problem I have is that the slabs don't sit flat on my scanner because the scanner has a ridge around the glass plate. (The glass plate is about 8.5 by 12 inches.)

The resulting scans are darker toward the top (or bottom) where the slab sits on the ridge. It also has an out of focus appearance on the top.

I've noticed this ridge on most scanners I've looked at. I've also seen board members and eBay listers post pretty clear scans of CGC books.

So what's the trick?????

I'm thinking of trying to find a 11 by 17 scanner. About the only one I can find that is reasonably priced is a Mustek A3U. Anybody have one of these?

Here's an example of what's happening.

superman_215.jpg

ECFANMAN

I've been using an HP Scanjet 2100C flatbed scanner with a removable cover...I suggest that the scanner you get should have this capability as it comes in handy when scanning items of various thicknesses...

There are plenty of cheapo scanners that will do the trick...do a search as there have been several posts on this subject... thumbsup2.gif