• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gothic Romances/Gothic Stories/Gothic Secrets

51 posts in this topic

I've known about these for some time, but only (I think) through that site. Apparently it's just a text-only fiction story mag with some spot illustrations. It would still be interesting to see an issue, though.

Someday I'm going to write up an article on the 'gothic revival' of the late 60's-early 70's, particularly centered on that image of the woman in her nightgown running away from the old house where a single light is showing in one window (I can show dozens of examples).

In case anyone is interested, one of these popped up on eBay.

I am looking for a higher graded copy, but talk about rare....

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOTHIC-STORIES-MAY-1971-TWO-AGATHA-CHRISTIE-STORIES_W0QQitemZ330223751815QQihZ014QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

In case anyone is interested, one of these popped up on eBay.

I am looking for a higher graded copy, but talk about rare....

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOTHIC-STORIES-MAY-1971-TWO-AGATHA-CHRISTIE-STORIES_W0QQitemZ330223751815QQihZ014QQcategoryZ280QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

:banana:^^:banana:

Went to a boardmember...

I bid as well...it was a right pretty copy...

Jim

I was the 4th underbidder. I figured $150 was a fairly robust bid for an Ebay raw. :insane: I hope it is a gem, Fuelman. Post big scans when you get it!

$310.00 is a steal of a price for that rare book if the advertised raw grade is true and acurate by the buyers grading when he gets the book(smile). A raw FR grade copy of GTOL #2(75 cent cover edition) sold for $60.00 on ebay back when the magazine listed for $50.00 in 9.4 grade! in the Overstreet annual price guide about 6 years ago.

Yes! a FR grade 1.0 copy of that magazine sold for more than its 9.4 NM grade valued price! back then(smile)

$310.00 is a steal of a price for that rare book if the advertised raw grade is true and acurate by the buyers grading when he gets the book(smile). A raw FR grade copy of GTOL #2(75 cent cover edition) sold for $60.00 on ebay back when the magazine listed for $50.00 in 9.4 grade! in the Overstreet annual price guide about 6 years ago.

Yes! a FR grade 1.0 copy of that magazine sold for more than its 9.4 NM grade valued price! back then(smile)

I think that fair GTOL #2 (.75 cent cover edition) is a variant price edition of an already scarce book. Overstreet doesn't even note that there is a price variant. Plus we're talking about two different titles. I feel pretty good about the amount on the Gothic Romances and hope the grade is as described. :wishluck:

Here are scans of the GTOL #2 regular and .75 price variant:

60558-GTOL260.jpg.51abaeb30f3999f54a3a76aeb149e976.jpg

60559-GTOL275.jpg.b5f8c5afc6b8f3fbcadb35acf0dcd888.jpg