• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What to do with THREE Blank Captain America Covers?

16 posts in this topic

I have 3 blank covers and I'm debating getting them sketched by certain artists. Who would you ask to fill these blank spaces for you? I really like Khoi Pham's Captain America:

http://www.khoipham.com/docs/sequential03.html

Possibly David Finch or JRJR....but I don't know how I feel about their drawings. (For example, I don't like the way Finch draws Wolverine for example).

-Issa

I think it really depends on what artists type of art that you like. Finch, JRJR or Khoi Pham could certainly give you outstanding Cap sketches. It more or less depends on how much $$ you want to put into the covers.

I think it also helps to try and see what's already been done to get a feel for what you might want to go for.

My suggestions:

Tim Sale

George Perez

Steve Epting

I wonder how much George Perez would cost?

The last commissions I got from George Perez were at Wizard World LA and I think he was charging $150.00 for 11x17 pieces.

Hmmm...I'm looking at Artist's Alley on NYCC and I don't know if I'd want anyone to do a Captain Cover for me. :shrug: ........

-Issa

Not even Darwyn Cooke?

C

Hmmm...I'm looking at Artist's Alley on NYCC and I don't know if I'd want anyone to do a Captain Cover for me. :shrug: ........

-Issa

Not even Darwyn Cooke?

C

Who?....I just read his wikipedia entry...well, why would you choose him to get a cover sketched?

-Issa

-Issa

Not even Darwyn Cooke?

C

Who?....I just read his wikipedia entry...well, why would you choose him to get a cover sketched?

-Issa

Darwyn Cooke has a wonderful style. He is the artist/writer on JLA Few Frontier.

He has been around for quite a while but is now getting rock star attention for his work (it was used in the newly released film by the same title).

He has a retro style that feels contemporary at the same time. We see his work on DC characters usually. It would be great to see him do Cap in that style.

C

-Issa

Not even Darwyn Cooke?

C

-Issa

Darwyn Cooke has a wonderful style. He is the artist/writer on JLA Few Frontier.

He has been around for quite a while but is now getting rock star attention for his work (it was used in the newly released film by the same title).

He has a retro style that feels contemporary at the same time. We see his work on DC characters usually. It would be great to see him do Cap in that style.

C

I sooo agree!