• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I now am a believer.....................

4 posts in this topic

After hanging out and absorbing all this knowledge from yo kind folks, something that has always seemed to pop up is "Flipping" a book. I never really saw this as being a great idea, but i'm sure i was looking at the wrong books.

So last week I was out of town and stumbled onto a comic shop, and to my surprise they had a Superman Batman #1 Retail Variant. My immediate thought was.........Batman #608, he's gonna want a fortune for it. So I actually left without asking, but it bugged me all day long. Needless to say, I did run back and it was still there, so I asked.................................."$75.00" the clerk said, and like an insufficiently_thoughtful_person, I'll admit, I paused to think about it. But the $$ sings in my head took over and I ploped down my credit card.

Needless to say, I popped it on ebay with a $350 BIN and it didn't last a day.

So i guess with a little more knowledge, and the right books, this "flipping" thing can become addicting. thumbsup2.gif

Just wanted to share my story.

Lighthouse posted about getting one for anyone interested in sending him to Vegas...I have a copy for sale as well. I posted on here the first week it was out and how high the prices were soaring for this particular variant...I'm shooting fro a few more nice copies...anything around $275 in true NM/MT is a pretty good deal, but market value is probably more like $400 - $500. I did snag one around $275 but it was in VF-/FN+ though described NM. Too many spinal flaws and corners too blunt to be in NM for me...

Yep. Jury's still out on whether I am going or not... If I do, I'll probably be selling the book before I get there. Could be VF-, could be NM+. I'll make a deal sight unseen...

Although after talking to the wife about it, we may go anyway and I'll just sell the book on eBay after I get back. She's been hounding me about going to Vegas sometime soon, and this state isn't exactly known for its Día de los Muertos celebrations, so hitting the road on the 1st isn't a bad idea.

It'll be interesting to see how many retailers are willing to sell their copies cheap at the conference. You would think they would know better, but obviously the guy at the start of this thread didn't... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Might need to bring some contingency funds with me... tongue.gif