• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Are Nike shoes the next thing to get slabbed?

64 posts in this topic

They say it only takes 20yrs. for something to be classic-retro, right? :cool:

'They' also say that $4K for Jordan's is kooky?! :screwy:

Original Air Jordan's are from 1985? Golly! :gossip:

... in my basement with all my Griffey Rookie cards.

:signfunny::cloud9:

Man I used to love these Air Jordan 6's! I was looking for a pair a few years ago and the originals were going for $1500+ and the retro's $500.I see a guy on Ebay with a pair right now for $150 (buy it now)..did the market drop or could it be a fake pair?He still has the box but no "card". I don't knw much about the collector side of these and what to watch out for.

CIMG3442.jpg

Man I used to love these Air Jordan 6's! I was looking for a pair a few years ago and the originals were going for $1500+ and the retro's $500.I see a guy on Ebay with a pair right now for $150 (buy it now)..did the market drop or could it be a fake pair?He still has the box but no "card". I don't knw much about the collector side of these and what to watch out for.

CIMG3442.jpg

Fake.These still go for 4-600.

Why is anyone even collecting freakin tennis shoes anyway? :screwy:

Tennis shoes are good for other sports. Like Street hockey.

As opposed to stuff worth collecting...... like 70 year old paper products with little 4 color images on them, many of which are starting to fall apart from age.

As opposed to stuff worth collecting...... like 70 year old paper products with little 4 color images on them, many of which are starting to fall apart from age.

Yeah, but collecting shoes you can't even wear? How stupid is that?

That would be like collecting comics you can't even read! :whistle:

:(

:(

What are you telling me you can see through plastic?

I'm sure some people appreciate the artistic interpretation of tennis shoes but other than they were on someones smelly feet what else is there?

I'm sure some people appreciate the artistic interpretation of tennis shoes but other than they were on someones smelly feet what else is there?

About the same as collecting a coin, a stamp that was licked by somebody else or tea pots. Yes my gf collects tea pots. Hopeless. We are doomed as a nation.

Did it ever occur to you that the people that collect these Jordan shoes watched him play as young-ins with excitement (obsession even) and now have the time and $$ to buy things that remind them of their childhood? Now where have I come across this phenomena?

R.

CIMG3442.jpg

thanks I appreciate it! I almost hit the buy it now when I first saw them.The actual pic here isn't the pair I saw. I'd really be hesitant to even buy a "legit" pair knowing there are so many fakes out.

About the same as collecting a coin, a stamp that was licked by somebody else or tea pots. Yes my gf collects tea pots. Hopeless. We are doomed as a nation.

Did it ever occur to you that the people that collect these Jordan shoes watched him play as young-ins with excitement (obsession even) and now have the time and $$ to buy things that remind them of their childhood? Now where have I come across this phenomena?

R.

I`m pretty amazed that on a comic collecting chat board there are people who are struggling to understand the concept of collecting and paying large amounts of money for items that no one else would care about.

CIMG3442.jpg

thanks I appreciate it! I almost hit the buy it now when I first saw them.The actual pic here isn't the pair I saw. I'd really be hesitant to even buy a "legit" pair knowing there are so many fakes out.

You might want to check out niketalk.com.A lot of info on what is fake and what is not.Good luck.

Dennis

R.

I`m pretty amazed that on a comic collecting chat board there are people who are struggling to understand the concept of collecting and paying large amounts of money for items that no one else would care about.

Not really surprising when there are comic collectors that belittle what fellow comic collectors collect.

R.

Not really surprising when there are comic collectors that belittle what fellow comic collectors collect.
:sorry: