• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scalped

61 posts in this topic

I just read the first trade of this series. It sounds like from all the comments in this thread that it is still a very good read.

Is the series still going? Recommend picking up the rest of the trades?

Yes. #51 is the latest issue. It will wrap up at issue #60. The first trade may be the low point. It keeps getting better and better.

This is a series that I hope they do in Hardcover. It would be fantastic next to my YtLM HCs.

I just read the first trade of this series. It sounds like from all the comments in this thread that it is still a very good read.

Yes. #51 is the latest issue. It will wrap up at issue #60. The first trade may be the low point. It keeps getting better and better.

This is a series that I hope they do in Hardcover. It would be fantastic next to my YtLM HCs.

Very cool. Bummer that it will be ending but you kinda see from the first trade there will be an end at some point.

$#*($#*$(#*$($@*(

I can't believe it is ending. Couple it with DMZ, and I wonder what books I'll be buying.

The first trade is the worst of the series. And it's better than most other books. After the first trade, it's unbelievably good.

Pat

:cry: -you ruined my evening.

:(

Disappointing, it's one of my favourite moderns, but always best to have a title go out strong rather than drag on as a shadow of its former self.

:(

Disappointing, it's one of my favourite moderns, but always best to have a title go out strong rather than drag on as a shadow of its former self.

Totally agree 110% (thumbs u

Jason Aaron announced that 60 is the end at SDCC. You can kind of feel the ending coming in recent issues. I'm glad he's ending it while it's strong rather than coasting for a while.

The last 10 issues promise to be a fantastic bloodbath.

I really hope he has ideas for new non-Marvel/non-superhero books. Haven't been too impressed with the Marvel stuff.

A new concept under the Vertigo title would be great.

Pat

his website mentions some creator owned thing he has in mind. i'm still in mourning over scalped tho.

Consider this good news. It whittles down your pull list a little. I know I've had a hard time finding new series replacement for each ones that ends. With the upcoming finales for DMZ, Scalped and Northlanders, my pile is going down. Good thing too as I buy too many strip collections and GA reprint collections ...

Haven't read comics at all for awhile, but I started reading this from the get go and stopped around the low 30's. I just picked up #50 today, and will probably buy the last ten issues so as to have a pretty complete set. Sad to hear this megalith of a book is coming to an end. HC's would be great and I just hope I could keep up with them monetarily--unlike YTLM which I only bought the first HC for so far. meh

I'm sad that the book will be concluding. This news, and DC's numbering of Batman and Detective back to one, will mean less new books for me. I hope this isn't to make more time for crappy Marvel projects? Can't somebody else write Wolverine for God's sake?

Amen to that Pat. I ask that question everyday. I have issues on a pull list, but when I go to my comic store's new comic rack, there is only one copy. Not because everyone bought one, but because the demand is so low my comic store owner orders only orders one copy for the racks. And then look to the left and there are 50 copies of The Uncanny Awesome New Incredible X-Men. Sigh.

I just read the first two trades this weekend based on recommendations here and liked it a lot. Kind of exciting to know that I'm only at issue 12 and that there are 40+ more to go and it sounds like the quality is still there.

Thanks again.

I'm sad that the book will be concluding. This news, and DC's numbering of Batman and Detective back to one, will mean less new books for me. I hope this isn't to make more time for crappy Marvel projects? Can't somebody else write Wolverine for God's sake?

Was there anything in print that said it was ending, or an official word from DC?

Was there anything in print that said it was ending, or an official word from DC?

sadly yes, announced by Jason Aaron on his blog/website