• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Stock, to think it was down to about .50 cents

7 posts in this topic

Amazing the recent "high" was almost $29.00 Anyone remember when they were close to filing chapter 11 and you could buy it for around .50? Lets see if you bought 10,000 shares at that price you would now have.... foreheadslap.gif Man that really sucks. confused.gif

They actually did file Chapter 11...it's been more than a year since I read "Comic Wars" (the excellent account of the Marvel bankruptcy by Dan Raviv), but I think all of the equity was wiped out in the reorganization. I think the senior debt holders and ToyBiz with its licensing agreement wound up with most of the equity in the reorganized company. Equity holders I think got their entire stake wiped out and got maybe a few out of the money warrants at best.

The stock has been a great performer the past year or two, but heck, let's face it - the market has soared since the spring...there's been no shortage of ways to make money in the market this year. MVL has not been the only game in town, not by a longshot!

Gene

Besides that, listen to what Gene said:

but I think all of the equity was wiped out in the reorganization

If you spent that $1000 pre-reorg, not only would you not have a profit, you would have a $1000 loss.