• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interesting bronze auctions tonight....

11 posts in this topic

There was a seller whose auctions were up tonight, *sponge_bob* , and he had nice looking bronze marvel & DC. What suprised me a bit were the nothing special issues of DC horror were holding well & outpacing many marvels he had up . Also the marvel team up #23 with ice man vs. torch showed some real strength and the 16 did better than either the 12 or 15 which i always saw as more desirable by far. Oh, and sorry osborn for all the outbids frown.gif

Any Thoughts?

sponge bob's auctions

I will never buy from him again. Bought a "NM 9.4" & it was Fine/Very Fine 7.0 at best. Suggested to him that he buy the new Overstreet Grading Guide & he said he knew how to grade thank you very much--I laughed. Good luck with your winnings. Post the advertised grades & actual grades when you get your books.

awwwww shhhhhiiiiiiittttttt! mad.gif

maybe osborn will be thanking me.......

Despite the fact that you outbid me on some of the books 893naughty-thumb.gifwink.gif, i won a few marvel team up and some DC horror comics... I decided to take my chance on his books because he does accepts returns. I will let you know how the books look when they will be here... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif But what BachelorOfComix said make me feel 893frustrated.gif

Ok i have just received the books from *sponge bob* today.

I'm very happy, the books are really, really nice. i was afraid because the picture in his auctions were small, but all is fine thumbsup2.gif.

For example:

1970s HOUSE OF SECRETS 117 NM { 9.4 - 9.6}

The book is gorgeous

hos117.jpg

1970s WEIRD MYSTERY TALES 14 NM { 9.4 - 9.6}

Some very small stress lines, but overall a great book with a dark cover.

wwt14.jpg

The marvel team-up are nice too, but are more 9.2 than 9.4/9.6

And you shiverbones ? Happy with your books ?