• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Difference between a CGC 9.4 and CGC 9.6?

10 posts in this topic

To the the forum What from your own experiences or grading nuiances causes a 9.6 to move to a 9.4. Interested in hearing real life examples of comics that have been graded. This is one area that I have difficulty in my personal grading. Thanks,

The structure of the book. I've been more likely to find structurally nice copies of the books I want but only in higher grades. Obviously there's many exceptions to this, just like anything else.

Brian

Yeah.. I've seen that plenty of times. Even on a few 9.8's.

It may not be a "ding" and probably isn't in terms of damage being present. Look closely at it. Is the corner "formed down" from being in a tight bag perhaps (or from a slight bump), but complete with no color break and a decent point to the corner? Essentialy slightly curved downwards... but not damaged. Do you think it would bend back into position without causing harm and appear to be a decent corner?

I've had more than few like that. They always stop me in my tracks until I look at them from the side and see what that corner really looks like. I don't "think" CGC deducts much for that particular characteristic... at least in my experience. I don't care for them when I have a choice and avoid them if possible, but will accept them in some instances.

Difference between a CGC 9.4 and CGC 9.6?

The price. smirk.gif

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif

truer words have never been spoken...

BTW: I never noticed before but doesnt the Beyonder look like he was modeled after David Hasselhoff?