• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Shill!!!

43 posts in this topic

I had been following Capatain Marvel #12 9.8 WP on the Comic Connect auction, and bidding far beyond what was reasonable for a book like this.

But fortunately for me, and 'who' ever else was bidding on the book, it never reached reserve, even with the bid's exceeding $800!!!!

Now in less than a day after the auction closed witha no sale, the book has appeared on Comicliink with a bin of $1,250, and a bid of $950!! How do you say shill!!! hmlollol

Do some seller's think we're that blatantly stupid ....don't answer that one please.

Comiclink Shill!

...someone wants to sell their book with Ironman hot right now, and reach they're rediculous asking price...at any ...price lol lol

Theres been only one sale on this book. It sold Feb 2008 for $1092.

Oh right, someone thought they might do a quick flip on a iron-man apperance, and then realised they payed top dollar in the first place doh!

They'll be waiting for for the third sequal by the time they see some appreciation on that book! :tonofbricks:

Theres been only one sale on this book. It sold Feb 2008 for $1092.

Is this data for #12 or #14?

Spotting (thumbs u it's the #14 that sold. So far no data on the #12.

Still I guess someone is aiming for a comparable return...by any means! (tsk)

I had been following Capatain Marvel #12 9.8 WP on the Comic Connect auction, and bidding far beyond what was reasonable for a book like this.

But fortunately for me, and 'who' ever else was bidding on the book, it never reached reserve, even with the bid's exceeding $800!!!!

Now in less than a day after the auction closed witha no sale, the book has appeared on Comicliink with a bin of $1,250, and a bid of $950!! How do you say shill!!! hmlollol

Do some seller's think we're that blatantly stupid ....don't answer that one please.

Comiclink Shill!

...someone wants to sell their book with Ironman hot right now, and reach they're rediculous asking price...at any ...price lol lol

We are talking about ComicLink versus ComicConnect though. I personally have never looked at listings in the auctions or main site that often. While Comiclink I still look through many listings even though I'm not actively buying books. It is possible that the person who bid $950 on Comiclink didn't even know the book was on Comicconnect.

I noticed this thread, so I checked out the bid history information on ComicLink regarding this book, so I could take action if it was a shill. The bidder is a long-term client of ComicLink's, has very good standing with us, and the only reason he would be bidding on ComicLink is because he wants the book. I think Mephisto hit the nail on the head.

Josh

now if someone shilled a focus auction it would upset me but a regular listing with a bid feature isn't a true auction since every offer is rejectable and a bid lower than the seller's willing to accept never has a chance of winning like in a true auction- to me its a non-issue.

I noticed this thread, so I checked out the bid history information on ComicLink regarding this book, so I could take action if it was a shill. The bidder is a long-term client of ComicLink's, has very good standing with us, and the only reason he would be bidding on ComicLink is because he wants the book. I think Mephisto hit the nail on the head.

Josh

Josh, I appreciate you looking into this. It seemed on face value all too convenient, and the time frame too knee-jerk after the lack of success in selling the book on comic connect.

And while I don't pretend to know the mind of other collector's, the bid did seem extremely agressive considering it was pointed out, you can't give away the 9.2's of this title.

And while I don't pretend to know the mind of other collector's, the bid did seem extremely agressive considering it was pointed out, you can't give away the 9.2's of this title.

What's that got to do with anything? We're talking about a BA book, right? There is often massive stratification in prices for BA books, with crazy prices for 9.8 and higher books, often significantly lower for 9.6 and 9.4, and then the bottom falls out for everything below, because quite frankly finding most of these books in 9.2 or below isn't all that hard.

I think this is a case that not everyone's as diligent as you are about following every auction, and the Comicconnect auction in particular probably slipped under a lot of people's radars, just like the Bill Hughes auction at the beginning of this recent comic marathon.

I see why you could have jumped to that conclusion due to circumstances. In any case, I don't know if the book is worth $950, but a 9.8 is a different animal then a 9.2, and very aggressive buyers do tend to gravitate towards ComicLink...

Josh

Josh, I appreciate you looking into this. It seemed on face value all too convenient, and the time frame too knee-jerk after the lack of success in selling the book on comic connect.

Plagerist!!!... :sumo:

:jokealert:

I see modesty is something you're not lacking in.

It's an explanation, Bob, of something other than shilling causing the price difference. But, thanks for your humbling dose of sarcasm (I guess that's sarcasm back at ya). -Josh