• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

COMIC CONNECT AUCTION RESULTS?

34 posts in this topic

Can anyone confirm the price of the AF 15?

the 7.5 sold for 42,700

How is that freakin possible?!?!?!?! the high GPA price was only around $23,500 set just last July?? this is just stunning............ :insane:

were there any FF WM's in 9.2 between issues 20 and 40??

There were several,the 25,26, and 36 and some others? I wish I'd kept better track.I still can't quite fathom it.What would a 9.4 FF 13 go for? Is it purely pedigree driven? I have a friend who has the Pacific Coast 13 and it's probably an 8.5 maybe 9.0 due to some small tears on the back cover.Wow....14k.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The answer is record prices feed on themselves and promote desire for a book.I know it sounds contrary but it actually true.their have been a string of mega sales for this book 9.4,9.2., 9.0 very high profile,high grade and high prices..These mega sales are wht started this crazy demand for it. Minus a movie.

I quarentee an 800k AA16 sale will start a frenzy of desire at high prices for any AA16, but at least theres rarity their..Make any sence? Humon psychology

Its actually an advantage to have so many copies of A.F 15 because these sales can keep feeding other sales and promoting more price increases.

You cant get a string of Action 1 sales to reinforce things...There actually is an advantage in great numbers for A.F to pull off this oddity in the hobby

People are just realing that Spiderman is the hottest character on the planet and just as recongnizeable as Superman. I think that is the main push. That is what spurned the $200,000+ AF #15 sales. After that happened everybody tries to get on the boat while they can afford it.

What we are seeing now is probably the modern day equivalent of DA picking up the MH Action #1. It was a move that was ahead of it's time but he forsaw what was coming.

R.

The answer is record prices feed on themselves and promote desire for a book.I know it sounds contrary but it actually true.their have been a string of mega sales for this book 9.4,9.2., 9.0 very high profile,high grade and high prices..These mega sales are wht started this crazy demand for it. Minus a movie.

I quarentee an 800k AA16 sale will start a frenzy of desire at high prices for any AA16, but at least theres rarity their..Make any sence? Humon psychology

Think there is a lot of truth to that last statement. The demand for Spider-Man is real, by far the most popular super hero and its not even close right now. It takes 2 or 3 sales that make people open their eyes then much of the frenzy beings where people feel they have to get in on the book before it continues to rise and gets out of their range. This type of thinking is what continues to spiral prices higher and higher, obviously there has to be a ceiling at some point, seeing a 9.0 go for 140K and a 7.5 where there are a ton of copies in that range go for 42K I think is right around there.

Action1kid, since that 800K or more sale for the Church AA16 seems to be more then true, im going to hold you to that AA16 frenzy in the near future.

hard to get the same type of unrestored frenzy when only maybe 20 copies exsist to support it..Can I call it a mini-me type of frenzy ?

Hell any type of frenzy on that book and Id be happy.

What is your opinion of the real scarcity of this book restored/unrestored ? I know speaking to others (dealers/collectors) that many feel AA16 is on the same level as Adv. 40 as being the 2nd toughest Big Key to find after Action 1 in any state.

The answer is the book is RED HOT..This is not the time to buy an A.F15. The prices are truely staggering ths book is getting and it isnt rarity thats supporting the price[that always lasts]] its demand[ and that never lasts] at this pace.

Surely like everything else its in a hot cycle.Stocks dont go up forever,,houses dont go up forever and A.F 15s dont go up forever...if you havnt learned this lesson by now,Look out below.

i just can't understand this latest spike. it seems beyond all reason for the price to soar that high. Thank God for midgrades or this hobby would be ruined for marvel age completists!

Yeah, but this wasn't a really high grade, it was only a 7.5. And even it went for almost $43,000.

While I understand high demand for the book (to a degree), that particular sale seems so out of line that it raises eyebrows.

Does anyone know any of the details of the sale, like who bought it? Anyone on the boards buy it? Can we know if the sale goes through and payment is made? Is it possible that it was a fake bidder, like you find on e-bay? Was it to a third-party bidder in an arms'-length transaction?

I have to believe this sale is an anomaly, at best. I wouldn't set my price by the sale. However, being the proud owner of a cgc 6.0, I hope that it is real. :wishluck:

HI ALL

where can i find what prices their books sold for?

cant seem to find it on their site???

wondering what the ff 3 cgc 9.0, ff 5 9.2, 9.4, ff 13 9.2 went for?

anyone help?

We're working on adding a section to the website to highlight sales, and should have it up in a few days. Stay tuned.

Thank you to everyone who supported the auction.

Ben

ComicConnect.com

ShowOffMyComics.com

ComicZoneRadio.com

the surge in demand for AF 15 is because many are starting to realise that, this book, after action 1 is the 2nd ICON book in the hobby

you could make an argument that the book is more ICONIC than tec 27

jsut look @ the classic cover of AF 15

the surge in demand for AF 15 is because many are starting to realise that, this book, after action 1 is the 2nd ICON book in the hobby

you could make an argument that the book is more ICONIC than tec 27

jsut look @ the classic cover of AF 15

:cloud9: