• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have I Misunderstood the "Days"?

6 posts in this topic

Hey everybody, I think I've been dumping on people's threads because I misunderstood what was meant when someone would post something like "Mignola Art Day" as a topic. I thought it was to post what we have from a particular artist, not that the posting person just received their art and was showing it off.....

Sorry if I offeneded anyone.

:sorry:

Apology totally unneccesary.

I view someones "art day" post like this. They are happy/proud of thier new acquisition and want to share it with other board members. If I feel inclined to post, I may. And if I have a piece by said artist I may post my piece in the thread as well. We all have the same goal I feel, to an extant. And that is appreciating the art output of the fine artist of today, yesterday and tomorrow.

If someone gets offended because you post a pic in "their thread" than to me the whole point they made the thread was so everyone could praise THEM and not the artist. F em.

Mike

I agree. Of course, "art days" are for showing off new acquisitions. At the same time, the most interesting threads evolve into a larger discussion about the art and the artist. If that includes other art, I don't have a problem with that. It's all about appreciation for the art.

Unless the person with the art day also happens to be the artist, congrats are in order, but all praise goes to the art!

Thanks guys, I just feared I had stepped on toes. I don't even know what sparked the idea that I might have offedned anyone, it just came to me from the ether!

And I'm glad that any such posts were taken as they were intended, just more work from a great artist!