• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

showcase-new-england

42 posts in this topic

Interesting read.... I can see both sides of this fence

It "appears" that SCNE has grown beyond his means....meaning he has become "Wal-mart, or big corporate" in a sense.....The grand scope and size of the business allows too many crumbs to drop through the cracks, making the messes harder to clean up....You see this all to often in businesses. They start small with the BEST of intentions, I.E. (taking care of the customer and providing a quality product) But, eventually the Co. grows to a point that the "the majority of the sales outweighs the messes of the small... This business models usually fails when the "owner" overlooks this and losses sight or simply doesnt have "time" to take car of the original business model....GOOD LUCK SCNE, I truly hope you go back to basic before this ball of wax builds too much steam and takes out the "little people"

i bought many lots in the last few years from them. if you want to buy cheap lots, especially low to mid-grade, it's ok if you ask me. i also think that they had too many auctions at the same time. i'm sure this made grading for them very hard. but i can understand that they have to move the books very quick to keep the business running, if they buy a big collection. most of the time the lots had one average grade for all books in the lot. some were better, some a little bit under the grade. so there was a balance in some way. sometimes there also were bonus books which were not mentioned in the auctions. and one time they couldn't find a lot i won and i got a refund. but it seems that they don't do any auctions with big lots anymore. and regarding restoration i can't tell you much, because i'm no expert in this area.