• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Spidey modern covers

15 posts in this topic

depends on what when who and how. You might want to check out comicartfans and see if anyone has any or sold any for reference.

Spencer at theartistchoice is easy to deal with, but you want to do your homework. If you post title and issue, i'm sure many here could give also help.

Ok, so if i wanted to get the cover for issue 553 which comes out tomorrow, and he represents Phil Jimenez, how much would i have to offer. I wanted to buy one of the Steve McNiven covers, but someone had already bought them way before any of the pages were listed on Spencer's site.

Ok, so if i wanted to get the cover for issue 553 which comes out tomorrow, and he represents Phil Jimenez, how much would i have to offer. I wanted to buy one of the Steve McNiven covers, but someone had already bought them way before any of the pages were listed on Spencer's site.

Just so you know.

Spencer is not a dealer, he is a representative.

That means he doesn't own the art, he is selling it for the artist.

Thus, it's not a matter of what he wants for it, or what your offer is.

In alot of cases the artists set their own prices or have final say as to any offers that come in.

It is best to email him and talk it over with him. He will be very direct and to the point if he knows the price. If the artist has not set the price he will tell you that too.

Open a line of communication with him, that's your best bet.

Chris

Ok great. Can anyone speculate then on what a good offer would be for and upcoming or recent cover from ASM.

Also if anyone knows how to get in touch with Salvador Larrocca and if he does sell any of his work, can you let me know. Thanks

Buy a CAF market data subscription. It's pretty usefull, as it tracks sale results since '04 (I believe) from ebay and Heritage. I don't have it anymore, but only because I've pretty much memorized the damn thing :)

Is alex Gonzalez a member here? I see from Comicartfans that he buys a load of spidey covers. How the hell do you get those. Damn

Anyways, i did what everyone advised me to do and talk to spencer. Im crossing my fingers, maybe one day ill have a cover in the collection.

I don't know if Alex is a member here, but I think he is on here.

Alex gets dibs on those covers probably from his relationship with Spencer. He buys ALOT of art and a lot of it is from Spencer's large artist base. - I don't Alex personally, but if any buyer consistently buys from a dealer, then who is the dealer going to think of when something really desirable comes about.....

I looked at the image and I would think it would be in the 2500-3K range for that cover..... I could be wrong, just my opinion

yea alex gonzalez has a boat load of stuff. Hopefully i can get to the next asm cover before he does. Spencer told me that he puts all the stuff up on his site, although i never saw any brand new day covers up with a "On Hold" next to it. That would tick me off if he gets dibs. I buy at least a page or two from each issue.