• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alert: Hammer is back!

59 posts in this topic

Looks like you can add that to Carlin's list of words you can't say on TV (or internet chat board).

Chris

Definitely a weird thing to censor. I just changed the original note so that no one thinks I was calling him names or anything.

Oh go ahead, call him a "" just once. It'll feel great. thumbsup2.gif

Looks like you can add that to Carlin's list of words you can't say on TV (or internet chat board).

Chris

Definitely a weird thing to censor. I just changed the original note so that no one thinks I was calling him names or anything.

Oh go ahead, call him a "" just once. It'll feel great. thumbsup2.gif

But that's not censored because it's a person's name. Why on earth are the letters c & k, when side by side, censored?

Tom - - I appreciate your reply to my post. If nothing else, if hes reading this thread, I think you now stand a pretty good chance of getting an unrestored book!! Just to make us look foolish. But it might take a bit of time for him to locate an unrestored copy...

Anyway, Im not basing my comments solely on what I read here. ComicKeys is well known to all dealers for years. This forunm has given collectors a new chance to compare notes on transactions. Ive been buying for over 15 years and stopped even thinking about dealing with him back when he was running full-page CBG ads. All Ive heard since has been more of the same..

One more thing, As bad as the comments about Showcase Dan have been, its apples and oranges. Most here agree that Dan overgrades a point or two. Thats not good when buying HG raw books expecting spot on grading. But hes never/rarely accused of outright falsification or restoration.

Danny is a whole different level of 'fun' and intrigue as a dealer. Lets leave it at that.

Also, you were bold in telling us that regardless of our stated warnings and issues with C.K, that you were GOING AHEAD with 2 purchases. I still think it was a bold statement to come here and tell everyone knowing the reaction. Is 'brash' a better word?

You admit to taking a chance with these buys...hoping to luck out.

As Danny well knows for years in the mail order business. Theres always a new guy coming along....(Im trying to paraphrase PT Barnum so as not to offend) Im sure youre a level headed guy who just, well, took a shot! Godd luck.