• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead #47

53 posts in this topic

i'm starting to lose interest in this series, which is sad since this was at one point my favorite book by far. tyreese, axel, and michonne were my favorite characters, and now two are gone. michonne is by far my favorite character in comics right now, but kirkman has underdeveloped her so much it's getting irritating. in fact, kirkman hasn't developed ANYONE in the series. just death every issue now. walking dead is on the brink of jumping the shark.

Man, you are reading my mind! I concur totally. Ironically, I hear in the mail about how everyone loves the character development, etc. He did it very well early in the series, but kind of just let it go in favor of the shock n'awe of whacking characters. I find that some characters (like Michonne) was purposefully not developed because it keeps you guessing; a wild card if you will. There are other characters that are just interesting and should've been developed more.

So, when did the mail section of the book become a place for people to be a potty mouth? It shows a lack of education and respect.

I think I might just muscle me up an e-mail to the man.

i'm starting to lose interest in this series, which is sad since this was at one point my favorite book by far. tyreese, axel, and michonne were my favorite characters, and now two are gone. michonne is by far my favorite character in comics right now, but kirkman has underdeveloped her so much it's getting irritating. in fact, kirkman hasn't developed ANYONE in the series. just death every issue now. walking dead is on the brink of jumping the shark.

Man, you are reading my mind! I concur totally. Ironically, I hear in the mail about how everyone loves the character development, etc. He did it very well early in the series, but kind of just let it go in favor of the shock n'awe of whacking characters.

So, when did the mail section of the book become a place for people to be a potty mouth? It shows a lack of education and respect.

I think I might just muscle me up an e-mail to the man.

Well, the title of this arc is "No One is Safe" so I would expect some character whacking (shrug)

I'm fairly confident that the series will continue after this next issue with the gang "on the road again" and hopefully some more character development as they search for their next temporary safe haven. Personally, I still love the series as much as ever!

:cloud9:

I actually took Walking Dead off my pre order and now go to my LCS store to pick it up on the release date.

I try to do the LCS but I have my issues mailed just in case I can't make it there. Unfortunately, they usually get man handled by the shipping crew! :mad:

He did it very well early in the series, but kind of just let it go in favor of the shock n'awe of whacking characters. I find that some characters (like Michonne) was purposefully not developed because it keeps you guessing; a wild card if you will. There are other characters that are just interesting and should've been developed more.

of course death is unavoidable. the problem is when you don't develop the character, there's no sense of loss when said character is killed. tyreese was given the background of a football player, but what else did we know? kirkman killed a strong, likeable character without delving into him. now, i'm not saying this battle with woodbury shouldn't have happen, just not yet. imagine how we'd all feel if we were able to latch onto these characters and see them progress? also, with these rumors that michonne might be the one holding the gun....how predictable would that be? as far as keeping michonne purposely underdeveloped? that's fine as long as it leads somewhere soon (and if he makes her a villian somehow...that would completely flip what we've seen before, and not make sense...regardless of tyreese dying). anyway, i'll wait and see what happens next. if it's more of the same, count me out.

I will concede that character development prior to issue 30 or so was great...tight, etc. After issue #30 things just kinda got lazy. Not that it was terrible/bad. but it wasn't as good as before.

I totally agree with you---there's no sense of loss of characters if you don't know them. And, to be honest, he has an interesting bunch. Well, had. You know what I mean? You following me?

I will concede that character development prior to issue 30 or so was great...tight, etc. After issue #30 things just kinda got lazy. Not that it was terrible/bad. but it wasn't as good as before.

I totally agree with you---there's no sense of loss of characters if you don't know them. And, to be honest, he has an interesting bunch. Well, had. You know what I mean? You following me?

i meant to add that i too enjoyed the development prior to issue 30 or so. good to see i'm not the only one who feels how i do. hell, the first 20 issues are legendary IMO