• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk Trailer

91 posts in this topic

Oh, the CGI is not great but I am more interested in enjoying the idea rather than picking it apart. I will lower my expectations and try to focus on the action.

Why not wear a blindfold while you're at it.

Only if you'll be showing up.

Oh, the CGI is not great but I am more interested in enjoying the idea rather than picking it apart. I will lower my expectations and try to focus on the action.

Sorry, but I'm smart with my money, and won't be seeing it without some reviews and more trailers/views of the CGI.

Ill wear the blindfold, at least iron man looks like it could be good. Anyone catch that lost boys trailer? doh!

Does anyone know what's up with this whole "garbage bag overtop of raw dough" look they've got going with the Pacino-Hulk?

54373-pacino_hulk.jpg

That's just rude, and it looks as if the CGI model is covered in plastic, and "doughy flesh" inside is trying to push out, while stretching and rippling the outer covering. And does it have any muscles, or was that too expensive to code?

when JC is upbeat, Im sorry to go negative... But this looks a bit weak. Hulk looks the same though. But, in an effort to avoid too much Ang Lee angst this clearly looks like action all the way. For me, it will all hang on whether the action stuff is inventive and fun, and not just banging away and blowing up stuff.

I can't stop watching the part where Hulk and the Abomination are running at each other. AWESOME!!! It is nice to see a super strength smack down. Haven't seen anything like it since Superman 2 with General Zod. Well, I guess the Thing took on Doctor Doom and the Silver Surfer, but nothing like the Hulk in the Abomination going at it in this trailer. It is hard to tell, but is Banner turning green right before he hits the pavement after jumping from the helicoptor?

It is hard to tell, but is Banner turning green right before he hits the pavement after jumping from the helicoptor?

I still don't get the logic of that scene - if he hits the ground as Banner, he's toast. I realize it's a "cool fanboy deal", but it is still very bizarre, like that idiotic part in Daredevil where Cypher tosses a match on a DD gas outline.. HTF did he know it was there, and HTF did Daredevil know someone would come along and toss a match??

lol

54284-stewie_ba-zing.gif

He's got a million of 'em folks. :D

Complaining about the CGI in the Hulk is being in the theater in 1979 complaining about the special effects in the first Evil Dead movie. Take it for what it is and don't over analyze it. Nothing is perfect in any movie. At least the Hulk is fighting a super-villian worthy of the silver screen. Unlike Superman fighting Lex Luthor for the gazillionth time.

Edit: This post wasn't directed at you in particular JC. Just in general.

Trailer looked pretty good to me, it's all going to be about the story and not the CGI. The CGI in the 1st movie was better than everyone thought it was going to be after seeing the trailer (should've seen the critics here chewing that up!), but the story fell short.

There are obviously several "flashbacks" paying homage to the TV show (could've sworn that was Bill Bixby!), and the idea of Banner falling through the sky and hitting the earth as the Hulk could have come straight out of the comics - the 1st Bi-Beast encounter, for one.

The Abomination looks great, the last scene reminds me of one of my fav Hulk covers... :cloud9:

hulk171.jpg

Trailer looked pretty good to me, it's all going to be about the story and not the CGI. The CGI in the 1st movie was better than everyone thought it was going to be after seeing the trailer (should've seen the critics here chewing that up!), but the story fell short.

There are obviously several "flashbacks" paying homage to the TV show (could've sworn that was Bill Bixby!), and the idea of Banner falling through the sky and hitting the earth as the Hulk could have come straight out of the comics - the 1st Bi-Beast encounter, for one.

The Abomination looks great, the last scene reminds me of one of my fav Hulk covers... :cloud9:

hulk171.jpg

Sorry, but that cover just doesn't look realistic enough to me. :insane: I am not going to buy it to read now. :banana: