• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Incredible Hulk Trailer

91 posts in this topic

[fan]I think the movie will suck if they don't put tiny purple shorts on the Abomination, because I demand - demand, I say - total and utter faithfulness to the source materials. [/boy]

i thought it looked pretty godd, but who knows

Same mistake all over again.

The CGI looked bad.

It should have been make up enhanced by CGI.

It just looks too phony.

Where they run at each other and throw flying punches??.......yikes.

:sick:

It scares me that you and I are the only ones that think this looks like . To me it seems as though they havent learned their lesson from the first one. Why not do something like the tv show and maybe CGI enhance a REAL person, because they DO NOT have that perfected. SAD.

GEE I dont know because the TV show sucked! :tonofbricks:

Why would anyone want to see in 2008 a guy painted in green or use a guy and add CGI to him.

Complaining about the CGI in the Hulk is being in the theater in 1979 complaining about :blahblah::blahblah:

Wrong - when the TITLE CHARACTER is 100% CGI, then it's not just about FX, but concerns the entire movie.

In many ways, any Hulk flick is essentially an animated movie, and if the animation sucks, it's tough to get into the story. (shrug)

Complaining about the CGI in the Hulk is being in the theater in 1979 complaining about :blahblah::blahblah:

Wrong - when the TITLE CHARACTER is 100% CGI, then it's not just about FX, but concerns the entire movie.

In many ways, any Hulk flick is essentially an animated movie, and if the animation sucks, it's tough to get into the story. (shrug)

It's exactly true! It's like getting a new car with a big scratch down the side of it, sure the car performs like a new car.... :sorry:

[fan]I think the movie will suck if they don't put tiny purple shorts on the Abomination, because I demand - demand, I say - total and utter faithfulness to the source materials. [/boy]

I can give you a different perspective:

Let's make an Indiana Jones movie in the future, but instead of him wearing a fedora, let's make a necessary change for our film and have him wearing a Ski Mask.

The problem is: the character wears a fedora, it is easy enough to have him wearing a fedora, so why do we change it?

To me the Abomination I can see from the film clip looks like a mutated zombie/ swamp thing. Where are his ears? "Big-ears" is what the Hulk calls him in the comics. I don't really have any issues with how he looks, but I do wonder why they make the decisions they do.

The purple shorts is a minor detail I can definitely do without, but they have significantly changed the way the character looks and I don't see any explanation for why other than some bigshot who was making the movie made the change because "it would be cool"

I liked the trailer because Edward Norton is a perfect Bruce Banner and to me the CGI was fine in the last hulk MOVIE, it was the storyline and the acting that sucked.

I know I am definitely in the minority here - but I liked the first movie. The Hulk CGI was done well, the story was fine to, I must have liked it, I have watched the movie over 10 times...

What didnt I like? The hulk changed sizes...it seemed whenever they annoyed him further, shot at him, etc. He grew...I guess this was there way of showing that the Hulk is getting angrier so he will get stronger. Why they cant show he is getting stronger by simply showing him do feats of greater strength is beyond me.

I can't believe people are complaing the Hulk doesn't have purple pants. I honestly can't tell what color the pants are, but does it really matter? Ok, how many guys do you know who walk around in purple pants or shorts? I can't think of any. I think it might be kind of weird if they didn't go away from the comic book version.

It is hard to tell, but is Banner turning green right before he hits the pavement after jumping from the helicoptor?

I still don't get the logic of that scene - if he hits the ground as Banner, he's toast. I realize it's a "cool fanboy deal", but it is still very bizarre, like that idiotic part in Daredevil where Cypher tosses a match on a DD gas outline.. HTF did he know it was there, and HTF did Daredevil know someone would come along and toss a match??

If I remember correctly that was lifted from the Ultimates storyline. Either Banner fell, was pushed. The shock to his system, the sheer terror of falling to his death amped up his adrenaline so much that he started to turn before he hit the ground preventing/regenerating any injury.

C

I can't believe people are complaing the Hulk doesn't have purple pants. I honestly can't tell what color the pants are, but does it really matter? Ok, how many guys do you know who walk around in purple pants or shorts? I can't think of any. I think it might be kind of weird if they didn't go away from the comic book version.

I think your reading comprehension skills might have had a glitch or something. Or your sarcasm detector is on the fritz, one or the other, but definitely one of them for sure

I think your reading comprehension skills might have had a glitch or something. Or your sarcasm detector is on the fritz, one or the other, but definitely one of them for sure

Umm, wasn't directed at your post. Reading comprehension skills and sarcasm detector are working just fine, thank you.

If I remember correctly that was lifted from the Ultimates storyline. Either Banner fell, was pushed. The shock to his system, the sheer terror of falling to his death amped up his adrenaline so much that he started to turn before he hit the ground preventing/regenerating any injury.

Sure, but in the clip, it looks like he did it on purpose, or at least planned to jump at some point.

Sure, but in the clip, it looks like he did it on purpose, or at least planned to jump at some point.

What does Norton have on his wrists? Hope he doesn't have to inject or shock himself to make him turn into the Hulk.

What does Norton have on his wrists? Hope he doesn't have to inject or shock himself to make him turn into the Hulk.

Possible scenario:

Army is keeping Banner sedated using wrist-devices, he decides to save planet from Abomination, so he jumps from the aircraft, hoping that the shock will counteract the drugs in time..

Possible scenario:

Army is keeping Banner sedated using wrist-devices, he decides to save planet from Abomination, so he jumps from the aircraft, hoping that the shock will counteract the drugs in time..

Sounds plausible (thumbs u

Possible scenario:

Sounds plausible (thumbs u

Ripped almost directly from The Ultimates, wherein S.H.I.E.L.D. agents push Banner out of a helicopter to force him to change.