• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2 More For The Collection - Norem SSOC #86 and Panaligan Vampi #101 Covers!

11 posts in this topic

My Feb. Heritage purchases arrived today! Here's the first one, the Earl Norem cover to Savage Sword of Conan #86. IMHO, I think this is the best Norem SSOC cover to show up so far at auction or on CAF (by way of comparison, it sold for more than 3x what the other Norem SSOC cover sold for in the same auction). It's got all the right elements - a big, bold image of a savage, fighting Conan, a beautiful babe and a slobbering monster! Love the dark colors too; a lot of the Norem SSOCs use a lot of bright pastels like his old sweat mag covers:

54374-NoremSSOC.jpg.86706a14578f29fcb35cb446e361f3a3.jpg

Gene, somehow as I was sitting there watching that painting and the auctioneer was saying "once, twice, sold" I just knew in my gut that you had outbid me as I was the underbidder :(

Thanks for driving up the price for me. :pullhair::mad::baiting: If it's any consolation, my max bid was significantly higher than the hammer, so you would have had to bid a lot more to win it. :foryou:

I didn't win the Jusko either :( :(

Sorry to hear that...hopefully you'll get the next one. Thankfully, Joe seems to do a couple of these every year and he's doing the best work of his career these days! (worship)