• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Minimum X-pectations from E-Bay Sellers ?

3 posts in this topic

Just a through.. This week I received 5 auction buys that contained an assortment of low to mid grade SA DC's, approximately 20 comic's total. Out of the 3 shipments (Multiply buy from 1 seller of 3 lots) only one seller bagged and boarded his books. (not the multiply seller) The others shipped without bags or boards, (but packaged good enough ). I did leave positive feedback for all 3 sellers. So, in the process, I'm thinking... What are my minimum expectations from an E-Bay seller?

I do expect..

- bagged and boarded comics ( not necessarily new bags and boards as I change those ones out anyway)

- packaged securely in an appropriate shipping envelope/box. I have received single books in padded envelopes way too big for the book, thus the book was moving around in the envelope and of course the more likelihood on bending damage.

- A thicker piece of cardboard inserted in the package to take "The Hit " during shipping. And, hey, cardboard is free from any store, warehouse etc. Take some home and cut to size !! Recycle .

- An e-mail response from the seller acknowledging receipt of either Paypal,Bid-Pay, M/O etc. Sometimes you never hear from the seller. (But, I"ve always gotten my books).

- An e-mail response confirming the approximate shipping date for the book. (It's always shocking when you find out that the book was only shipped a few days ago after you inquire 2 weeks later)

- A timely e-mail response to any concerns or questions asked.( 24 Hrs ? )

- A fair shipping/handling fee. There is nothing worst than paying X $$'s and you notice that the charges were way under what you paid. (Taking into account the envelope costs)

- If insurance is offered and paid for, please cover the product with insurance. ( Don"t assume that the goods will get to the buyer and you just made an extra buck, because it may not ! )

And, of course, I believe that my customers expect the same from me when I sell.

Any thoughts ?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

The only point I would take exception with is that if it is a smaller e-bay seller,such as myself, 24 hours is not all that much time for a response. If you are dealing with a power-seller or someone soon to be one,yes,but for many part-time sellers please give a little more time.I travel frequently and am often away from a computer for over 24 hours and I am sure I am far from alone. I always mention this in each and every auction but still get peple who are upset I didn't answer them within 15 minutes,let alone 24 hours.