• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EsquireComics.com GA Cap & Subby Forum Sale

37 posts in this topic

Nice books Mark. :applause:

I honestly didn't realize that you could find such nice looking Timely/Atlas books for relatively affordable prices! I love the Sub 34, but have another book to finish paying for first.

Some forumites have inquired about the possibility of a trade for one or more of the books. As this is something I will always consider, I have adopted the following policy:

Trade Policy: Partial or full trade offers are always accepted, though a sale is preferred. I prefer to trade both Sub books over the Cap books. In general, GA books are preferred over SA books (which would have to be pre-1965). Any transaction that is 50% or more trade (based on mutually accepted values) must have a total value of 20% more than my asking price. Thus, if the asking price is $1,100.00 and the offered transaction involves $550 or more in trade, then the total value of trade and/or trade/payment must be $1,320.00.

Sub-Mariner Comics #34 (Atlas, 1954)

This "superhero revival" issue has interior art by Bill Everett. Some credit the bondage cover to Carl Burgos, others to Sol Brodsky.

CONDITION: A very sharp, tight copy. The spine has minimal observable wear which is what results in the down grade from what is otherwise should be based on the cover. Some minor creases noticeable on the bc and lower fc, as well as some top cover wear. I don't know if this is just my scanner or everyone's but the yellows are deeper and darker than I can reproduce. The PQ is at least OW/W and perhaps White. VF-

Centerfold attached. :/

Overstreet 2007 FN 6.0 value = $237.00; VF 8.0 value = $494.00.

FORUM PRICE: I don't know what I was thinking last year but I paid WAY too much for this book, but that is my fault, not yours. I'm willing to take a not so insignificant loss at $500.00

Sub34-2.jpg

Sub34b.jpg

:takeit:

Sub-Mariner Comics #42 (Atlas, 1955)

Atlas' short-lived superhero revival ended with this issue, with Stan Lee and company turning their attention back to monster mags, romance yarns, Western tales and the like for another six years or so. The farewell issue has a Sol Brodsky cover and Bill Everett art.

CONDITION: Nice example of a Cold War anti-Communist book. Another book that presents far better than its grade. The cover colors speak for themselves, even with the scanner not being able to truly capture the red. The spine has some minimal wear and creasing along the cover edges. The back cover as a 1/4" tear and the start of two 1" - 1 1/2" tears that do not fully break the paper (look at the word "skinny" and think taking a razor blade or writing instrument to paper but not fully breaking through). The PQ is at probably best described as OW but with a hint of cream. F/VF

Overstreet 2007 FN 6.0 value = $264.00; VF 8.0 value = $575.00.

FORUM PRICE: I also paid more for this copy than I should have but I wanted some new inventory. A CGC 8.0 copy just sold for more than 2x guide. This one will also be sold at a loss at $600.00

Sub42-2.jpg

Sub42b.jpg

Have you got a Subby #6 or a Cap #32?

No, but I have a Subby #1. Want to work a deal? :cool:

SubMarinerComics1.jpg

How many copies of Spawn #1 will you require for this trade? hm

:baiting:

Sub-Mariner Comics #42 (Atlas, 1955)

Atlas' short-lived superhero revival ended with this issue, with Stan Lee and company

The Capt once again coming to the rescue! I'll shoot you a PM. You are da man! :headbang:

Very sweet books!Congratulations.

Dennis