• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Read this and respond

44 posts in this topic

Ok, so I'm looking at my email...and here's one from some guy claiming to have the following

"Hey how are you doing my name is Anthony.I live in queens Ny i was looking at

ebay spiderman auctions and i have all 1-400cc of the first spider man comics

and they are all cgc graded.I am looking to get rid of them and sell these for

about $2500-$3000 with shipping(Willing to talk price down i have to pay car

note).I am willing to ship overnight with tracking number requested!If your

interested in buying please email me asap"

So I email him back asking the grades..he responds with..

Spiderman # 1 = 8.5

Spiderman # 2 = 9.0

Spiderman # 3 = 8.0

Spiderman # 4 = 9.2

Spiderman # 5 = 9.5

Spiderman # 6 = 9.2

Spiderman # 7 = 9.0

Spiderman # 8 = 9.4

Spiderman # 9 = 9.0

Spiderman # 10 = 9.2

I'm asking for scans, and if he has them..I'm gonna buy via C.O.D. probably..what's everyone think of this? Ridiculously low price..

Brian

scammer frown.gif

no one in their right mind would sell those books for that price (IF they had them) no matter how much they needed the money.

they could get much more cash pretty much on the spot from most of the major dealers.

stay well away from this one murph0, someone has somehow got you pegged for a spidey desparado grin.gif

Yeh, but I'd be willing to take the chance if he can produce what I want from him and then ship them COD. If he does this, I'll chance it and if it doesn't work..he can say hello to a lawyer smile.gif

Brian

they could get much more cash pretty much on the spot from most of the major dealers.

Homeboy is in Queens. The Blazing one... Metropolis... whoever... would be there in two seconds with a lot more than 3k for those books.

Actually, taking a second look at that list... If I thought it were for real I'd be there tomorrow morning with more than 3k for those books...

Along with some roughneck associates of mine from the Bronx, of course. tongue.gif

Even if the bks were stolen, he must have herniated himself carrying 400 slabs to his van. Would be interesting to see a ASM #5 cgc 9.5 (wtf?)

If the bks r legit, he would NOT even cover the initial cost of slabbing 400 ASM. This seller is a FRAUD. Bewary.

Tell him that you're very interested, and that you'll fly to his house and hand him a cashier's check this week for the amount he wants if he can produce the books. You won't get a response back.

Fantasitc_Four: Tell him that you're very interested, and that you'll fly to his house and hand him a cashier's check this week for the amount he wants if he can produce the books. You won't get a response back.

Great advice Fantastic_Four, if it were me, I would follow through with your advice, combined with mudbuddha's advice to bring a couple of roughnecks along for the ride, AND make sure to carefully inspect the CGC holders and confirm the grades for issues 1-200 (especially 1-100) & issue 300 BEFORE handing over the cashier's check. The thing that tipps me off (and has already been metioned) more than anything about the offer is the claim that all 400 books are CGC graded. In all seriousness, how much would it cost to get 400 books graded by CGC? There are also many, many, books in the run that are NOT worth getting slabbed. The offer definitly sounds too good to be true. What could the seller expect to get for the high grade Amazing Spider-man (vol. 1) #1 alone on eBay?

Run far far far away.

Or have him send them to you COD.

Or, better yet, take Meth! He's gigantic and could crush the guy's head like a grape if he tried any funny business!

lol he emailed me back..."trying" to send scans...here's what the message text had [unable to display image] [unable to display image]..yet odd..there's no pic attached, no html link or anything..my guess is he actually wrote out.. [unable to display image]..rofl.

Brian