• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Registry set 'comments'.....

45 posts in this topic

Hi, as a big fan of the registry and all it offer's, I think it could be improved upon with the addition of a 'comments' facility.

Or even an area where people could comment on particular titles.

I think adding this extra dimension to the registry would benefit it greatly. As seen in the CAF galleries, comment's add extra dimension, appreciation, and perspective, and more importantly a place where open dialogue could be established between collectors on individual sets (or set titles, e.g a set title, as opposed any one particular collectors set within a title within the registry).

This is in no way meant to detract from, or mimic the boards, but something relating to, and augmenting the sets directly within the registry.

I see the set up now includes tab's for galleries, mayber something accomodating dialogue could be slotted in under the new tab format (shrug)

Thanks for reading this, and taking time to consider this. (thumbs u

I don't want anyone commenting on my sets. :sumo:

All that does is invite :blahblah: .

I am with you on this one...

CAL who likes things simple and trouble-free...

Yeah, I can see Greggy going around telling everybody what "krap" they have... :/

On the upside, I could tease my best friend about one of his books scoring all of 5 points...

IF they included a "permission" option for comments a la MySpace, you can always delete ones you don't like :gossip:

Yeah, I can see Greggy going around telling everybody what "krap" they have... :/

On the upside, I could tease my best friend about one of his books scoring all of 5 points...

IF they included a "permission" option for comments a la MySpace, you can always delete ones you don't like :gossip:

If that option is workable, then I would be for it. No one needs any of the juvenille antics we see on the boards.

If that option is workable, then I would be for it. No one needs any of the juvenille antics we see on the boards.

Currently you can add 'friends' etc, and approve and dis-approve other things there.

Say if people are 'approved' within a title etc, with people in a set automaticallly allowed to comment, and other's from outside ask to join to make comments perhaps.

either way, it will only be a side thing, not a main aspect of the registry

I like the idea of being able to comment on sets. However, within 5 minutes of this feature being set up there will be a handful of people trolling the modern sets saying, "I would rather have a nice silver age key than this book" or "You could have bought a nice GA book for as much as you paid for that book."

No thanks. meh

2c

I like the idea of being able to comment on sets. However, within 5 minutes of this feature being set up there will be a handful of people trolling the modern sets saying, "I would rather have a nice silver age key than this book" or "You could have bought a nice GA book for as much as you paid for that book."

No thanks. meh

2c

I think your living in a very negative shell there. I have never seen a negative comment on the CAF gallery.

More over, they have people who work on the registry, same as they do here. Mods here, mods there.

Very simple effective system really. e.g comments don't get loaded automatically, they would be approved could be one way. Or if someone comments on your set, you could simply have the option to delete it.

Anyway, as explained earlier, comments would be a side thing, a tab for those who want to participate. Not a mandatory aspect.

The journal system there, is only one way, and very limited. But there are considerable hit's on them.

More over, they have people who work on the registry, same as they do here. Mods here, mods there.

Very simple effective system really. e.g comments don't get loaded automatically, they would be approved could be one way. Or if someone comments on your set, you could simply have the option to delete it.

That'd be alright, but considering that Gemma (is it just her? Seems like it) is way, WAY behind on adding new sets, this whole idea should not be a priority. I would much rather see the requests get taken care of before this.

That'd be alright, but considering that Gemma (is it just her? Seems like it) is way, WAY behind on adding new sets, this whole idea should not be a priority. I would much rather see the requests get taken care of before this.

I agree, maybe organised to be included in the next upgrade round, or such like.

Though the new sets things, seem's to be an endless task for Gemma... at least while Sterling is still collecting :baiting: