• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

50 Rarest GA Books - CBM Survey (1993)

122 posts in this topic

what I like about the this year's guide is that some folks actually changed their ads...."new eye candy" (same "we buy collections", but none the less)

Are you criticizing me for not changing my ads? :sumo:

(:

I didn't read it as criticism. (I didn't change my ad either!)

Besides, why would anyone want to criticize you, Mark?

what I like about the this year's guide is that some folks actually changed their ads...."new eye candy" (same "we buy collections", but none the less)

(:

bedrock didn't either, but many did...I Thought that was refreshing...gives you someothing to work towards next year...now, how about answering my email :sumo:

(:

ah, you beat me too it...

but, isn't if flattering to know that I noticed (both of yours) :foryou:

When does the new guide officially come out? (shrug)

April 8th is the official release date (bookstores, amazon.com, etc.). Inside my copy, which I got from my LCS today, it says May 2008. :think:

It appears that the census didn't make it in. This is very distressing since it lists - for the first time ever in one place - every known ashcan and the number of copies known to exist. It wraps everything up nicely and puts an exclamation point on the rarity of these comics.

If only there were a place where such information could be made available to large and interested audience without having to be published in a book. :sorry:

lol

Mark and I have already decided we're going to post it here for everyone. Should be in the next few days.

:banana:

:banana: :banana:

By the way, great ashcan article. It was the first thing I read after the GA rankings and percentage increases. Whiz #1 is still in the top 10, albeit barely.

(:

I don't Rich, why are people ? It just happens I guess.

(:

ah, you beat me too it...

but, isn't if flattering to know that I noticed (both of yours) :foryou:

BTW, I didn't read it as a criticism either. Hence the (: (which according to the CGC translation is "he he", i.e., giggles).

Guess Rich wasn't awake enough to notice it was called SARCASM. :makepoint:

I know this is the GA section but not everything written in ink here should be read literally.

It appears that the census didn't make it in. This is very distressing since it lists - for the first time ever in one place - every known ashcan and the number of copies known to exist. It wraps everything up nicely and puts an exclamation point on the rarity of these comics.

If only there were a place where such information could be made available to large and interested audience without having to be published in a book. :sorry:

lol

Mark and I have already decided we're going to post it here for everyone. Should be in the next few days.

By the way, great ashcan article. It was the first thing I read after the GA rankings and percentage increases. Whiz #1 is still in the top 10, albeit barely.

Thank you! Nice to know it was actually read! (thumbs u

lol

Our first hit, Mark!

:headbang:

:signfunny:

I got the sarcasm, Mark. And loved it! (thumbs u

Especially the part where you talk about people missing the point.

Great stuff!

Great stuff!

Thank you Rich. It means a lot coming from you. (thumbs u

That point is never lost on me.

Great stuff!

Ah...the love :luhv:

Great stuff!

Ah...the love :luhv:

:sick::baiting::hi:

lol

Our first hit, Mark!

:headbang:

I wasn't planning on buying the useless guide, but I guess now I'll have to. Can't wait to read the article. (thumbs u

Flash Gordon #5 30-40 copies

Are there really this many copies of Flash Gordon 5? If so, then they all must be locked up in collections - I've never even seen a scan of one. This is the B&W small-size issue that was sent only to subscribers. If anyone knows where one is please let me know.

just check your guide and make sure it is not missing 40 pages like all our copies :(

:o

Wait, maybe it's a rare variant! hm

well then, we have a bunch of them!...I didn't notice, but one of my customers did, so we checked them all, sure enough, all missing pages 513-544 :frustrated: