• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tim Burton's Superman

36 posts in this topic

Tim Burton and superheroes don't mix! The best you can say about Batman 1 & 2 is that they weren't as bad as 3 & 4 IN MY OPINION (some people disagree)

I wonder what that design sketch is about? Looks like Edward Superhands.

What!? Batman 1 & 2 were awesome! Especially the first movie. I like the Christopher Nolan Batman and I am definitely excited about The Dark Night, but Tim Burton perfected the Batman series in my opinion. Anyway, your opinion counts too of course... I think...

To be fair, I watched 1 & 2 half a dozen times at least and enjoyed them. They had some cool stuff in, but they also had a lot of stuff that was WRONG.

Nolan's Batman was superb for the first two thirds, and then they had to get all apocalyptic and destroy half the city doh!

High hopes for the next one :wishluck:

I'm certainly not in the business of comparing Nolan's Batman v. Burton's. BOTH get the job done for different reasons. However, unlike the 3rd and 4th Batman "attempts", these two director's went out with the intent of respecting the fans. THAT'S why they're good--or at least, arguably. The other two... we can ALL agree that they were horrible.

And that DOES look like Bizarro!

I'm just saying that Superman is not a bad azz. That's all. He's the innocent, naive farmboy with Superpowers.

For the record? Tim Burton's first Batman movie ROCKED!

R.

It rocked until the Joker pulled out the super long gun and shot down the Batplane. I still throw up a little in my mouth every time I think of that.

One of my favorite movies ever, superhero or otherwise, from start to finish :cloud9:

I'm just saying that Superman is not a bad azz. That's all. He's the innocent, naive farmboy with Superpowers.

R.

It rocked until the Joker pulled out the super long gun and shot down the Batplane. I still throw up a little in my mouth every time I think of that.

Definitely the worst of several awful scenes. We see the Batplane for the first time in all its supposed awesomeness of high tech super weaponry, and it gets taken out by a single shot from a comedy pistol? Oh yes, and this is after Batman fires about a million armour piercing rounds at the stationary Joker standing in plain view. Stupid, stupid scene. Unforgiveable.

rantrant

R.

Definitely the worst of several awful scenes. We see the Batplane for the first time in all its supposed awesomeness of high tech super weaponry, and it gets taken out by a single shot from a comedy pistol? Oh yes, and this is after Batman fires about a million armour piercing rounds at the stationary Joker standing in plain view. Stupid, stupid scene. Unforgiveable.

rantrant

lol that and all the prince songs

R.

rantrant

The storyboard for that scene had the Joker running, jumping and "dancing" to avoid the shots being fired by Batman in the Batplane ( reminiscent of the western days of dancing when having your boots shot at )..that wouldnt have improved the scene at all. But I thought I would mention it :P

Artboy99