• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions Error...?

13 posts in this topic

I was trying to bid, in the last few minutes, of tonight's Heritage Auctions and kept getting a error message.

I wasn't able to place any bids... frown.gif

Anyone else have trouble?

I missed out on some comics I needed... 893frustrated.gif

Locked up totally. I tried with about 12 minutes remaining and never got a response back before the auction ended. This has been an intermittent problem on their system for years. They need to stagger the ending time of their auctions so that EVERYTHING doesn't end at the same time and force all the snipers to hammer them at once, or they need to spend more money on a more scalable system. It'd be a lot easier to just stagger the end times!

Just a very bad day for me with auctions...

0 for 9 .

5 missed on Heritage due to site overload.

eBay:

2 eBay items I was watching that I wouldn't bid on because of late shilling.

1 sniped out in the last 10 seconds.

1 was watching the game and forgot the time... foreheadslap.gif

Better luck next weekend eh? 893crossfingers-thumb.gifsmirk.gif

I had 4 things I wanted to bid on and put in my first bid around 20 minutes till 10. Took it about 3 or 4 minutes. Never got the confirmation, but checked "my bids" and it took. I decided I wasn't going to wait to the last minute and got the bids in on time, although I never got any confirmations.

When I checked with the "my bids" feature, I saw that the last item (the one I wanted the most) was at $97 and that my max bid was $152, but it didn't show that I was winning that auction. I wasn't sure what was going on. I never received an email confirmation either.

I ended up getting that item and two of the three other items I was most interested in. I'm surprised that the items I got went as low as they did, but maybe it was because other bidders were not getting through. I'm glad I didn't try to wait and snipe.

By the way, isn't this one of the auctions where Heritage is giving away a free download of this years electronic Overstreet if you won an auction or were the runner-up in one. I am curious how the electronic version will work. Does anyone have the electronic version?

ECFANMAN

What's ya win!!! What's ya win!!!!

On Ebay, I won about 42 books from Neat Stuff (most for 1 cent, w/ $1 shipping each book), a Hulk #104 CGC 9.4 (Rhino cover), Cerebus Jam #1 CGC 9.6 (Sienkiewicz cover), Lois Lane #133 CGC 9.6 (bondage cover) , and JLA/Avengers #1 3PG GRADED NM+97 (I'll let everyone know what the 3PG books are like!).

I actually forgot about the Heritage auctions closing tonight, and I ended up winning a group of ungraded Green Lantern issues (2 by Adams), and JLA #34, 56, & 57.

So I actually won over 50 books today!! 893whatthe.gif