• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Oconocon, May 4th, 2008. Oconomowoc,WI

3 posts in this topic

I am proud to announce the first annual Oconocon comic book convention being held Sunday, May 4th, 2008 from 10am to 4pm at the The Olympia Resort & Convention Center 1350 Royale Mile Road, Oconomowoc, WI 53066

http://www.myspace.com/theoconocon

http://www.olympiaresort.com/

I aim to make it a great show for every one, starting with an amazing and beautiful location. The Olympia is located between Milwaukee & Madison WI and only a two hour drive from Chicago. It boasts over 45,000 square feet of function space, standing as the 3rd largest Conference Center/Hotel in the state of Wisconsin. The Oconocon's room is 10,680 Square Feet will hold 100+ 8' tables with 8'ft isles. At this time I have 70 tables available for dealers and 36 set aside for guests.

Dealer tables are $60. Limited wall, corner and 3 table end cap spaces are available.

4ft sections of table are FREE for guests. If more space is needed please contact me. The guest list is growing quickly and there is a chance that we might expand to another room. If that happens we could run panels and there could be a chance of more dealer tables.

Our current guest list includes:

Sean McKeever - Jim Krueger - John Jackson Miller - Ande Parks - Chris Samnee - Matt Anderson - Micah Farritor - Rich Koslowski - Andy Brase - Josh Elder - Russell Lissau - Gary Shipman - Mark Stegbauer - Casey Bug - Mojo - Becky Grutzik - Matt Wendt - Christopher Mitten - LayneToth - Peri Toth - John Mundt Esq - Terry Pavlet - Douglas Paszkiewicz - Alex Ness - Marc Wolfe - Christine Komar - Joe Spicer - Brian Defferding - Clint Scott - Nino - Gregg Paulsen Kurt Wilcken - Christopher Schmitz - Kou Vang - BMAN - Todd Gnacinski

Dealer and guest set up will begin at 7:00am. I will be able to provide a limited amount of storage for dealers and guest staying overnight on May 3rd. If you plan to stay overnight let me know before making arrangements. I currently have a block of rooms for guests at The Olympia Resort for $109 a night.

At the show I will be holding a charity event benefiting Children's Hospital of Wisconsin . Over the last few years I have been collecting donations to help raise money for the hospital. I will have a table set up for them at the show selling donated items and a raffle for a few higher price items. 100% of the money raised by these items will be going to to hospital.

To promote the show we have set up a profile on Myspace and a website is in the works. We will also be setting up profile pages on Comic Space and on various forums. Links to the show will be posted on www.comicbookconventions.com, The Pull Box , And on as many store sites and fourms as possible. We are sending out fliers at comic books stores and shows in WI and the surrounding states of IL, MN, IA, MI, IN, KS, MO. With the shows location I will be able to draw from Madison, Milwaukee, Dubuque, Des Moines, Rockford, Chicago, St.Paul, and Indianapolis.

If you are interested in attending the show, Being a guest or a dealer, know anyone else that might want to attend, or have any questions you can reach me at oconoconmail@gmail.com, or at the myspace account.

Thank you,

Joshua D Goes

The first annual Oconocon comic book convention just added more guests to their ever expanding list.

At this time we have 42 confirmed guest and more creators getting back to us.

Matt Anderson

Co-Creator / Writer of WHITE PICKET FENCES, FCBD: APE ENTERTAINMENT'S CARTOON-APALOOZA #1

Andy Brase

Creator of CHAOS DESTINY, Cover Artist for KULL, THE DARKNES, THE INCREDIBLE HULK

Josh Elder

Writer of THE BATMAN STRIKES!, MAIL ORDER NINJA

Micah Farritor

Artist of of WHITE PICKET FENCES, POSTCARDS, FCBD: APE ENTERTAINMENT'S CARTOON-APALOOZA #1

Rich Koslowski

Writer of MARVEL COMICS PRESENTS, Inker on SONIC THE HEDGEHOG

Jim Krueger

Writer of PROJECT SUPERPOWERS, JUSTICE, EARTH X, FCBD

Russell Lissau

Writer of THE BATMAN STRIKES!, HOPE: NEW ORLEANS

Sean McKeever

Writer of TEEN TITANS, COUNTDOWN TO FINAL CRISIS, BIRDS OF PREY, SPIDER-MAN LOVES MARY JANE

John Jackson Miller

Writer of STAR WARS: KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC, INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, IRON MAN

Christopher Mitten

Artist of WASTELAND, PAST LIES, QUEEN & COUNTRY: DECLASSIFIED, vol.3

Ande Parks

Writer / Inker of GREEN ARROW, SUPERMAN CONFIDENTIAL, DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA, IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN

Steven Perkins

Artist / Writer / Creator of PACIFY, artist of HERESY, SE7EN, and CSI:Crime Scene Investigation

Chris Samnee

Artist of DAREDEVIL: BLOOD OF THE TARANTULA, AMERICAN SPLENDOR, CHECKMATE, QUEEN & COUNTRY

Mark Stegbauer

Artist of FEMME NOIR: THE DARK CITY DIARIES, FOUR UNCLES OF THE APOCALYPSE, FCBD: APE ENTERTAINMENT'S CARTOON-APALOOZA #1

Brian BMAN Babendererde

Writer / Artist of SOUL CHASER BETTY, Game Designer of SEPTERRA CORE, PSI-OPS, BEAVIS AND BUTTHEAD IN VIRTUAL STUPIDITY

Casey Bug

Cartoonist

Brian Defferding

Creator of SCHOOL: A GHOST STORY

Alan Evans

Artist for Workshed Studio

Todd Gnacinski

Creator of SATELLITE STATE

Becky Grutzik

Artist / Writer / Creator of AEGIS: RELUCTANT HEROES, PEEP LITE, SAM, MOOT, VENDETTA

Christine Komar

Artist of MIDIANS CHAOS, PROPAGANDA PRESS

Mojo

Writer/Inker of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD: BARBARA'S ZOMBIE CHRONICLES

John Mundt, Esq

Cartoonist / Artist of THE ADVENTURES OF MONKEY

Alex Ness

Writer of A LIFE OF RAVENS illustrated poetry, JESSE JAMES vs MACHINE GUN KELLY

Nino

Creator / Artist of THE UNBELIEVABLE LAUNDRY DETERGENT MAN

Douglas Paszkiewicz

Creator of ARSENIC LULLABY

Terry Pavlet

RPG/CCG & Comic Book Artist

Gregg Paulsen

Artist/Creator of GWAILO: THE LEGEND OF RONIN FROST, Artist of PAPARAZZI, D&D: BLACK &WHITE, Inker of BLACK TIDE

Clint Scott

Creator / Artist of BENGALI

Gary Shipman

Creator / Artist / Writer: PAKKINS' LAND

Christopher Schmitz

Writer of WARRIOR: GIFT OF SIGHT, THE KAKOS REALM

Sean Shaw

Artist of AVENGELYNE / SHI, GRIMM FAIRY TALES

Kevin J. Smith

Writer for Imaginary Tales Comics BRANDON’S LITTLE PROBLEM

Joe Spicer

Artist of CRAZY 9, PROPAGANDA PRESS

Layne & Peri Toth

11 and 7 yr old comix creators from Sisters Comics as seen on TV and in magazines such as Time

Kou Vang

Artist of WARRIOR: GIFT OF SIGHT

Matt Wendt

Artist /Witer / Creator of PEEP, GREAT BIG PISSED OFF BEAR, BABY NINJAS, GRAPHIC UNIVERSE: CHOOSE OR LOSE, Inkworks Sketch Card Artist

Kurt Wilcken

Furry Artist of GENUS, FURRLOUGH, AZTEC ANTHROPOMORPHIC AMAZONS

Marc Wolfe

Painter Extraordinaire, Comic and Star Wars art

Kurt Wood

Writer for Imaginary Tales Comics BRANDON’S LITTLE PROBLEM