• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Read any good books lately?

13 posts in this topic

The sequel to Thirty Days of night is Dark Days. The first couple of issues were somewhat slow. I just read issue 4 four and was blown away. I'm dying for the next issue.

Consistantly the best read of my collection is Ultimate Spiderman. I may be a little bored with Ultimate Six, but honestly, Ult. Spidey just does not disappoint.

The sequel to Thirty Days of night is Dark Days. The first couple of issues were somewhat slow. I just read issue 4 four and was blown away. I'm dying for the next issue.

Consistantly the best read of my collection is Ultimate Spiderman. I may be a little bored with Ultimate Six, but honestly, Ult. Spidey just does not disappoint.

Try the new teen titans series, that one is pretty good so far.

Ultimate Six is turning out to be really good. I also am enjoying Superman/Batman (for pure rock 'em, sock 'em fun), Thor (if you are not obsessed with continuity), El Cazador (from CrossGen - awesome pirate story and artwork), and Alias (although the title is going to be reset).

And I don't think I have to say anything about the Avengers - the Search for She-Hulk starts with issue #72... 893applaud-thumb.gif

- Dave

I haven't started reading Dark Days yet, as I'm collecting all the issues to read in one sitting. However, I just read Criminal Macabre #1-5 and thought it was quite good...better than 30 Days of Night, which was just too short. Plus, I like that fact that Criminal Macabre was $2.99 a pop versus the very lofty $3.99 price tag on Dark Days. They really ought to use lower quality paper or something...that price is ridiculous...

I finally started reading LXG II last night...fell asleep mid-way through the 4th issue (it's a wonder I didn't end up squashing the book or drooling all over it in my sleep)...I have to say that, so far, I'm not overly impressed...

Gene

Agent x is finally going to end and deadpool is back in his ongoing series soon. This is just pure comic humor! His assistant (blind alfred) Poor blind woman. Everyone seems to love ultimate spiderman so I must be missing something. I have not read them yet. Picked up the issues with venom so far and I will be reading them soon. Venom's new run is a bit weak. Too bad. confused-smiley-013.gif

Last Castle was great! I thought the ending was a little predictable, but it was entertaining as any book I've read recently. Dark Days is pretty good so far, and I thought #4 was the best (although I felt it got going really good in #3). I think I like it better than 30 Days so far ( 893whatthe.gif). Can't wait to see how the ending plays out.

JLA/Avengers #2 comes out tomorrow!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Chris