• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Fantastic Four 48

27 posts in this topic

OK, it seems the consensus view is that despite the high eye appeal the technical CGC grade would range from 7.0-8.0.

So here is the tough question...if it was YOUR book and you kept it raw...what would you be willing to let it go for? Would you sell it for less than $600?

The GPA for a graded 7.5 is $360, sold in March 08. GPA for a graded 8.0 is $599, also from March 08. Since raw books don't usually sell for the same as graded, even assuming an 7.5/8.0, I would take less probably around $400. If you want a higher price, I would send it in for grading and that eliminates the speculation about the grade and value.

OK, it seems the consensus view is that despite the high eye appeal the technical CGC grade would range from 7.0-8.0.

So here is the tough question...if it was YOUR book and you kept it raw...what would you be willing to let it go for? Would you sell it for less than $600?

I would sell it for $600 in a second if I was certain it would grade CGC 8.0. Pretty common for this book to sell for less than $500 on ebay in CGC 8.0.

That's a tough call...............If this book were a true 8.0 (due to the 4 stains on the BC), $600 would beat the most recent GPA reported sale price. and, of course, that represents slabbed copies...........

having said that, a book that looks 9.4 but is a technical 8.0 should probably command a bit more dough.

but here's the thing with GPA - it's highly reflective of Ebay and therefore all sorts of anomalies pop up. an 8.0 has gone for as much as $1000.

I'd personally get it graded and hope for the best........... :wishluck: