• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #75

25 posts in this topic

One of my favorite FF covers, this is the best raw copy I've been able to find so far. For a late silver book, I found this issue to be kind of tough. Anyway, the defects I can see are a "ding" in the upper left corner and some ink transfer on the cover, most noticible in the white areas, where another book was obviously stacked on top of this one for a while. Both these problems are exaggerated by the scan. Also, about 3 quarters of the way down on near the spine, there's a fine white line that looks like a crease, but it isn't. It's on the surface, and appears to be a scratch, possibly a production flaw. BC is perfect, pages are OW-W at worst.

ff75.jpg

No fiber damage. The extent of the crunch can be seen in the scan.

One of my favorite books as well.

I remember reading this book quite often as a kid at Grandpa's house.

He had a lot of comics and this was one of my favorites to read when I visited.

Years ago, Grandpa gave it to me and I still have it, although it's been very well read.

Good at best.

Looks better than the 9.6 that I used to own if not for the crunch. But...my had crappy COW pages. Still got over $500 for it! tongue.gif

Don't you really mean "but MINE"?????????

I thought you were leaving....gramps? confused.gif

Looks better than the 9.6 that I used to own if not for the crunch. But...my had crappy COW pages. Still got over $500 for it! tongue.gif

Don't you really mean "but MINE"?????????

I thought you were leaving....gramps? confused.gif

Sucka! See the trap into which you have fallen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a nice copy. thumbsup2.gif

But maybe 9.2 because of that top spine corner...? confused-smiley-013.gif

75 was the hardest late Silver FF for me as well.

75 and 112 were the last two books I picked up last month (Kudos to Terry's Comics!) to complete my 51-125 higher grade FF reading run. Upper Fine at least but most 70-up VF or better.

I had most of the earlier books too in reading grade:

14 to 50 in VG to Fine (maybe need to upgrade 18 I think)

3-13 GVG to VG (need to uprade 9 and 13)

Still need 1 and 2 in Good.

All those older Silver-Age ones were easier to get than 75 and 112.

From my experience:

1, 2, 5, 12, 13, 75, 112 are the harest to get nicer reading or higher grade copies of.

893blahblah.gif

edit: 45 and 52 aren't fun and games either.

I always seem to find these "tougher" books that are pretty much perfect except for one annoying little defect. It's like that Thor #165 I posted before, which is tougher than this book(for late silver) that I would call a 9.8 if it wasn't for the slightest "fuzzing" on the lower LHC. This book could also be a potential 9.8 without the "ding". Both books are almost as perfect as you can get, and I'm not complaining, but it's still annoying. 893frustrated.gif

Thanks. The one thing about this copy that's extraordinary is the color. The red is incredible in person. I doubt I will ever find, or need an upgrade. cloud9.gif

Goes to show there are still some great raw gems to be had, it just takes a little time and patience to find them.

Glad you liked it. wink.gif It is a very nice book, and something you don't see in that shape often.

The thickness is the same as other S.A annuals at that time, and is part of the reason they're ultra tough to find in nice shape. thumbsup2.gif

I *LOVE* grading threads like this one. Large scan, but much more importantly, complete defect inventory. Posting potential grades without both of those, particularly the textual defect descriptions, is like peeing into a soda cup in the dark...