• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lastest eBay John Byrne X-men CGC 9.6 Auctions!!!

138 posts in this topic

I saw those prices... guess a couple of people need them.. most that were up for sale are fairly common and will go for less when they come up for sale again...

All Marvels from the late 60's to current are common in HG anytime you want them. :gossip:

I saw those prices... guess a couple of people need them.. most that were up for sale are fairly common and will go for less when they come up for sale again...

All Marvels from the late 60's to current are common in HG anytime you want them. :gossip:

Of course, but were are refering to currently certified copies, no?

Most Byrne books with the exception of a few tend to pop up on ebay and other consignment sites every month in 9.6.

And I wouldnt go as far as saying anytime I want them. I can give you a list of over 100 books you couldnt find for me in 6 months :P

And I wouldnt go as far as saying anytime I want them. I can give you a list of over 100 books you couldnt find for me in 6 months :P

Name five?

Most Byrne books with the exception of a few tend to pop up on ebay and other consignment sites every month in 9.6.

100 Marvels? I dunno Danny. That number seems high. Sure you're JIM 84s and TTA 27s might be tough... but if we are talking late 60s, I'd be really surprised if you were to come up with material that isn't available routinely through Comiclink, heritage, Metropolis, Highgradecomics, Harley etc.

I couldnt name any Marel book from the late 60's to now that is hard to find anytime in at least a CGC 9.6 especially as Fool Killer mentions above.

Name five?

:popcorn:

Almost any Wyatt Earps.

Most romance books.

Millies.

Chili's

Western Team-Up

100 Marvels? I dunno Danny. That number seems high. Sure you're JIM 84s and TTA 27s might be tough... but if we are talking late 60s, I'd be really surprised if you were to come up with material that isn't available routinely through Comiclink, heritage, Metropolis, Highgradecomics, Harley etc.

Brian, cmon, there are plenty of dark cover comics from the Late Silver Age to Bronze age that are extremely tough to get in HG. I could give you a list of books to find me in uber HG and I bet most wont even find 5% in the grade I want in 08.. period.

Name five?

Almost any Wyatt Earps.

Most romance books.

Millies.

Chili's

Western Team-Up

(thumbs u I guess people forget about these.. they are still comics, you know :P

Brian, cmon, there are plenty of dark cover comics from the Late Silver Age to Bronze ae that are extremely tough to get in HG. I could give you a list of books to find me in uber HG and I bet most wont even find 5% in the grade I want in 08.. period.

When I see the CGC census of X-men #1, and other HG silver-age Marels books its clear to me that really no Marvel book is ever rare in HG, and can be obtain at any time with the right price! :news:

Name five?

Almost any Wyatt Earps.

Most romance books.

Millies.

Chili's

Western Team-Up

(thumbs u Beat me to it...

I'd add Gunslinger #2 and 3 as well...

Jim

Name five?

Almost any Wyatt Earps.

Most romance books.

Millies.

Chili's

Western Team-Up

(thumbs u Beat me to it...

I'd add Gunslinger #2 and 3 as well...

Jim

Talking about Marvel Superhero, not books! zzz

What about the census of X-Men 1??

Do you know that the two 9.8s are both pedigree copies. Pacific Coast and Curator. The 9.6 is a Pacific Coast and one of the 9.4s is a Bethlehem. Take out those and there are 2 9.4s :shrug:

We arent talking about Early Silver Age anyway

Like I said, there are plenty of early Bronze age books that YOU or most people couldnt find for me, even if I was Bill Gates. Sure they might be out there, but you said available anytime, which is a ridiculous thing to say.

And Li'l Kids and Li'l Pals and Harvey, and 30/35-cent variants, and....

I think the point is that these guys are talking about *mainstream* titles, not esoteric ones.

In those terms, there are no rare Marvels.

If you're talking about Superhero books then I agree with Foolkiller... :sumo:

Jim

Ah, but Spiderman's original post stated ANY MARVEL

If you're talking about Superhero books then I agree with Foolkiller... :sumo:

Jim

Ah, but Spiderman's original post stated ANY MARVEL

Sure, but I was reading between the lines, and that he obviously knew about the variants and other rarities.

And Li'l Kids and Li'l Pals and Harvey, and 30/35-cent variants, and....

I think the point is that these guys are talking about *mainstream* titles, not esoteric ones.

In those terms, there are no rare Marvels.

The point was that his post stated that any Marvel book in uber HG is available at anytime. Even a bunch of mainstream titles have plenty of books difficult in HG that will take awhile to get.