• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lastest eBay John Byrne X-men CGC 9.6 Auctions!!!

138 posts in this topic

You said Uber HG 9.6 and now you're saying 9.4/9.6 :shrug: Big difference.

Yeah....that is a pretty big goalpost that just got moved there.

I understand the gist of what you (spiderman-on-tilt) are saying, and I personally don't make a big distinction between 9.4 and 9.6...but to the HG slab collectors that distinction makes all the difference in the world. It's likely the difference between being able to complete an SA title in months, vs in years (if at all).

9.4 is much easier yes. Which is part of the reason some people chase 9.6 and better. MUCH more challenging.

Of course, and those who chase 9.8's make it even more challenging, and those who chase 9.9's have an even more challenging time, and those who look for only 10.0 copies have it the roughest!

But what does that have to do with "tough in HG?"

And why, when someone illustrates a pretty generic point, does everyone come out with "Find me XX in 9.8!!"? Who cares? This conversation started with CGC 9.6 Byrne X-Men books, and suddenly all the CGC acolytes are screaming for CGC 9.6-9.8 early-SA books?

If you climb far enough up the CGC tree, even something like Devil Dinosaur #1 can be called "rare in HG". lollol

You said Uber HG 9.6 and now you're saying 9.4/9.6 :shrug: Big difference.. if you are going to make ridiculous comments stay with them and back them up instead of changing things.

And you keep on saying Marvel, you do know that includes the Westerns and Romance books whether you like it or not.

Yes off course I have know that, but like I said before I am talking about Superhero, not those books.

You made the ridiculous comment that you could name 100 books that you think are tough to find in HG.

HG to me is 9.4 in the SA/BA on up. So if I generalized about 9.6’s are always easy to find then I TAKE THAT BACK, but I will stand by that most Marvel’s from LATE-SA TO CURRENT are not to difficult to find in CGC 9.6 status at any given time.

Off course I realize there are some books from the late SA that still do not have any recorded CGC 9.6 copies, but to believe that there are no copies of them out there in private collections that are un-graded in that condition is weird to me. I bet you in a couple of years those X-men books you have mentioned above will def have more uber HG copies recorded in the next years to come.

Me and Fool Killer have talked about this many times and we both come to same conclusion that Marvel Late SA-current are not hard to find in HG! (9.4/9.6)

Danny I understand what you are saying, I really do, and this is just my opinion so if you agree/disagree off course that's your right.

I def respect your opinion as well!! (thumbs u

9.4 is much easier yes. Which is part of the reason some people chase 9.6 and better. MUCH more challenging.

Of course, and those who chase 9.8's make it even more challenging, and those who chase 9.9's have an even more challenging time, and those who look for only 10.0 copies have it the roughest!

And why, when someone illustrates a pretty generic point, does everyone come out with "Find me XX in 9.8!!"? Who cares? This conversation started with CGC 9.6 Byrne X-Men books, and suddenly all the CGC acolytes are screaming for CGC 9.6-9.8 early-SA books?

If you climb far enough up the CGC tree, even something like Devil Dinosaur #1 can be called "rare in HG". lollol

:golfclap:

agreeed

"You made the ridiculous comment that you could name 100 books that you think are tough to find in HG"

Its not ridiculous at all. Since you said any Marvel comics from the late 60s till now. I could easily give you a list of books to find me in 9.6 and I can guarntee you that you will not find me more than 5% of them.

"HG to me is 9.4 in the SA/BA on up. So if I generalized about 9.6’s are always easy to find then I TAKE THAT BACK, but I will stand by that most Marvel’s from LATE-SA TO CURRENT are not to difficult to find in CGC 9.6 status at any given time. "

Sure HG is 9.4 but we are talking about Uber HG 9.6 since your first post. Now you take it back, but still make the 9.6 at any time ridiculous arguement. I'll give you a list of books. Since you say any given time, I'll be generous and give 6 months. You'll find them for me, right?

Look on every consignment site and online venue and dealer and find me those books that I've listed then :juggle:

Wow. I posted late last night on page 2 of this thread.

I was stunned this afternoon to find 7 pages (shrug)

Made for an interesting read though. :)

Arcade my friend, please chime in! hm

You just like changing the terms of the argument in the middle of an argument to suit your needs don't you? Go re-read the thread and quit posting inane like this above statement.

Uh oh, it looks like all the Registry-chasing, ultra-anal CGC acolytes are out in full-force. lol

And yes, I have read the entire thread, and although the OP has waffled back and forth, he originally started talking about CGC 9.6 BYRNE X-MEN (from the LATE BRONZE AGE!), not early-SA 9.6-9.8.

You guys brought that in first.

Go reread it if you don't believe me.

And BTW, I am not agreeing with his statements, only laughing about the fact that when anyone goes near the sacred "rare in HG" cow, a lot of nerds get very riled up. :insane:

X-Men 59 cover date 8/69

X-Men 62 cover date 11/69

X-Men 76 cover date 6/72

When did EARLY silver change to late 60's - early 70's? Either reading compehension is not your strong suit or you make mess up as you go along to suit whatever you may be spouting at the time. BTW, I don't have any books up on the registry so don't give me that registry chasing mess.

doh!

Now post the other 97 books.

P.S. Did you really miss the part about X-Men #1 and other early-SA Marvels? If so, I'd hardly be ragging on my reading comprehension there Stevie Wonder.

And I'm only laughing at an internet argument over some vague, unprovable declaration. :P

It is quite bizarre, but seriously, post a thread about SA or BA books "not being rare in HG' and watch the flames.

No idea why - maybe they're heavily vested in CGC 9.6 funny books - but it's hilarious. :insane:

I am not referring to 9.6, but rather 9.4s etc. That's how I would define HG.

In terms of uber high grade, my argument would be that the vast majority of Marvels post 1968 are available in uber high grade. Now are there "a large number" of books that are hard to obtain? I don't think so. Are there some? Sure. Numbers, I don't know. To me though, Marvels are primarily about having enough money to make the purchases on the whole.

Now when you say high grade also, I am comparing it to many DCs which comparatively are more difficult to find in grade. Of course, there are also far fewer DC collectors.

doh!

Now post the other 97 books.

P.S. Did you really miss the part about X-Men #1 and other early-SA Marvels? If so, I'd hardly be ragging on my reading comprehension there Stevie Wonder.

No, your reading comprehension sucks. It was Spider and FK that brought up early silver Marvel's in the first place and MK countered with early silver weren't part of the argument. So you're taking 2 posts re early silver and all of a sudden discounting that the argument was started and continued over LATE silver/early bronze. Way to go genious. Just to clarify, what do I get if I spend the time to name 97 other LATE silver/ early bronze that are tough to find in 9.6?

do u think u could come up with 100?

Probably, but not sure. Depends on what the qualifications are. 10 or less in the census, 5 or less in the census? How about 10 on the census but only 1 has been sold in the last 3 years? Doesn't matter if 10 copies currently exist if they are locked up in permanent collections.