• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many board members outside of US and Canada are there?

84 posts in this topic

I just remembered that Copper Comics and Buried Alien are based in the UK. The same for Matmarvel and Anfield Fox but I'm not sure that they are active on the boards now.

G'day mate :hi:

Well, i assume that Chromium, Cryptkeeper59, Paris_Fred, Goldust, Flaming_Telepath and numerous others foreigners members never come in the "Permanent Comic Collecting Polls & FAQs" section of the board (shrug)

:hi: Does Texas count?

Well, i assume that Chromium, Cryptkeeper59, Paris_Fred, Goldust, Flaming_Telepath and numerous others foreigners members never come in the "Permanent Comic Collecting Polls & FAQs" section of the board (shrug)

It depends on whether or not you have to get them to count past ten. :gossip:

I just remembered that Copper Comics and Buried Alien are based in the UK. The same for Matmarvel and Anfield Fox but I'm not sure that they are active on the boards now.

Hey there :hi: , long time , no see.

Hey there :hi: , long time , no see.

I've been buried under a mound of dank zombies for a few months :P

Did you read the story recently about the guy from Tennessee who became so distraught with his lot in life and turned to a life of terrorism? His first act was to blow up a school bus full of children...but he burned his mouth on the tailpipe!

So...few questions for you out of towners. Wondering how you got started collecting American comics. Are they widely distributed outside North America? I have a few pence copies of early Silver age so I know they have been distributed in UK. Also wondering if there are many comic stores carrying American back issues. I'm feeling like a road trip.

Did you read the story recently about the guy from Tennessee who became so distraught with his lot in life and turned to a life of terrorism? His first act was to blow up a school bus full of children...but he burned his mouth on the tailpipe!

I briefly worked in Texas. I worked with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her could not understand why her system would not turn on.

I briefly worked in Texas. I worked with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her could not understand why her system would not turn on.

I met a sad guy from Tennessee who was lamenting the fact that he caught his wife and his best friend in a very compromising situation. He told me that he kickied his wife out of the house.

When I asked him what he said to his best friend he said, "Bad dog! (tsk) ".

I met a sad guy from Tennessee who was lamenting the fact that he caught his wife and his best friend in a very compromising situation. He told me that he kickied his wife out of the house.

Two Texans bought a couple of horses that they used to make some money during the summer. But when winter came, they found it cost too much to board them. So they turned the horses loose in a pasture where there was plenty to eat. 'How will we tell yours from mine when we pick them up?' one of them asked the other. 'Easy,' replied the other. 'We'll cut the mane off mine and the tail off yours.'

By spring, the mane and tail had grown back to normal length. 'Now what are we going to do?' asked the first. 'Why don't you just take the black one?' said the second. 'And I'll take the white one.'

Two Texans bought a couple of horses that they used to make some money during the summer. But when winter came, they found it cost too much to board them. So they turned the horses loose in a pasture where there was plenty to eat. 'How will we tell yours from mine when we pick them up?' one of them asked the other. 'Easy,' replied the other. 'We'll cut the mane off mine and the tail off yours.'

By spring, the mane and tail had grown back to normal length. 'Now what are we going to do?' asked the first. 'Why don't you just take the black one?' said the second. 'And I'll take the white one.'

A Tennessee feller, when asked what one thing he would want if stuck out in the desert, responded, "The door to a 1940 Ford pick-up". When asked why, he said, "So if I get hot, I can roll that window down and get me a little breeze blowin'."

A Tennessee feller, when asked what one thing he would want if stuck out in the desert, responded, "The door to a 1940 Ford pick-up". When asked why, he said, "So if I get hot, I can roll that window down and get me a little breeze blowin'."

Two good old boys from Texas were driving a truck through the back roads of West Virginia when they came to an overpass with a sign which read, "CLEARANCE: 11' 3". They got out and measured their rig, which was 12 feet 4 inches tall. "What do you think?" said one as they climbed back into the cab of the truck. The driver looked to his left then to his right, checked the rear view mirrors, then shifted into first gear. "Not a cop in sight. Let's chance it."

Two good old boys from Texas were driving a truck through the back roads of West Virginia when they came to an overpass with a sign which read, "CLEARANCE: 11' 3". They got out and measured their rig, which was 12 feet 4 inches tall. "What do you think?" said one as they climbed back into the cab of the truck. The driver looked to his left then to his right, checked the rear view mirrors, then shifted into first gear. "Not a cop in sight. Let's chance it."

A newlywed Tennessee couple pulls up to the hotel with their car all painted up (Just Married) and tin cans flowing from behind. At the check-in counter the manager, having seen and heard all the commotion, asks the groom, "Sir, would you like the Bridal?"

The groom responds, "Oh, no thanks, I'll just hold her by the hair."

A newlywed Tennessee couple pulls up to the hotel with their car all painted up (Just Married) and tin cans flowing from behind. At the check-in counter the manager, having seen and heard all the commotion, asks the groom, "Sir, would you like the Bridal?"

There were two Texans working for the city of Houston. One would dig a hole -- he would dig, dig, dig.The other would come behind him and fill the hole -- fill, fill, fill. These two men worked furiously; one digging a hole, the other filling it up again. A man was watching from the sidewalk and couldn't believe how hard these men were working, but couldn't understand what they were doing. Finally he had to ask them. He said to the hole digger, "I appreciate how hard you work, but what are you doing? You dig a hole and your partner comes behind you and fills it up again!" The hole digger replied, "Oh yeah, must look funny, but the guy who plants the trees is sick today."

There were two Texans working for the city of Houston. One would dig a hole -- he would dig, dig, dig.The other would come behind him and fill the hole -- fill, fill, fill. These two men worked furiously; one digging a hole, the other filling it up again. A man was watching from the sidewalk and couldn't believe how hard these men were working, but couldn't understand what they were doing. Finally he had to ask them. He said to the hole digger, "I appreciate how hard you work, but what are you doing? You dig a hole and your partner comes behind you and fills it up again!" The hole digger replied, "Oh yeah, must look funny, but the guy who plants the trees is sick today."

The workers at a Tennessee machine shop decided that since their boss was never around they would knock off work early on Fridays. Every Friday they would all sneak out of work and head home or to the bar or whatever. All of them except one, who was very conscientious. This one guy just didn't think the risk was worth the reward of extra free time. Finally, after months of being left behind at the shop to do everyone else's work, he decided to leave early too. He headed home to spend time with his wife, but when he gets there he finds her in bed going at it with his boss. He slowly turned around and quietly left without disturbing them. On Monday his co-workers asked him if he enjoyed his Friday free time.

He told them, "You will never believe how close I came to getting caught!"

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had funded a project with the US auto makers for the past five years. The NTSB covertly funded a project whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2% of fatal crashes were, "Oh, Sh*t!"

Only the state of Texas was different, where 89.3% of the final words were, "Hey Y'all, hold my beer and watch this!"

The National Transportation Safety Board recently divulged they had funded a project with the US auto makers for the past five years. The NTSB covertly funded a project whereby the auto makers were installing black boxes in four wheel drive pickup trucks in an effort to determine, in fatal accidents, the circumstances in the last 15 seconds before the crash.

They were surprised to find in 49 of the 50 states the last words of drivers in 61.2% of fatal crashes were, "Oh, Sh*t!"

Only the state of Texas was different, where 89.3% of the final words were, "Hey Y'all, hold my beer and watch this!"

boudreaux came home from work and found his best friend/next door neighbor Thibodeaux putting all of his family belongings in a U-Haul. "Thib what you doin', you, how come you movin'?" boo asked. Thib said "i heard on the good morning america 'dis morning 'dat we live in the most dangerous area in 'da country." Boo said "but we ain't never had no crimes committed here, no." Thib said "yeah, but they say 80% of all car wrecks happen wit'in a mile of home!!!!!!!!!!!"

boo came across thib walking a dog; boo said "thib 'dats a cute dog what you got 'dere." thib said "t'anks, i got 'dat for my wife." boo said "man, i seen your wife--'dats a good swap you made."