• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are there any comic shops that sell slabbed books?

8 posts in this topic

it's OK, he had 2 box's of SA HG marvels, but they were all priced at or almost slabbed prices. later ASM's, cap america's, and others i can't remember off the top of my head, no bargin hunting there, but most of them looked VF/NM to NM-, nothing stuck out as worth buying at the asking price.

I was there about a year ago..he had a NM 9.4 Iron Man #1 in the case (which he wouldn't take out). I asked about Cap books to which he replied "they're impossible to find, good luck", next Spiderman.. "no way you'll find anything like that around here"..finally, Ghost Rider and MTU "yeah we don't keep those books in stock". So in other words, major major waste of time. Another thing I noticed about comic shops there, a lot of them consider "back issues" to be anything printed 1980 and beyond..very few had anything older then that.

Brian

Golden Age Collectibles in Vancouver, Canada has many laser copies of slabbed gold/silver on the wall that he can pull out of a vault for serious clients. A few modern slabs in glass display case that may sell fast to eBay flippers. Not sure of the cgc inventory in their sister store in Seattle, WA.