• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tsunami TPB's Cancelled

26 posts in this topic

Mystique was okay, but I'm just not up for yet another X-Book. Hell, it pisses me off when Xavier makes appearances in X-Statix. He's becoming the next Wolverine! 893frustrated.gifwink.gif

Holy [!@#%^&^]!

Does that mean his first appearance is gonna shoot up in price like Hulk 181?

I better go buy one of those fast. What book is that again?

Boffy The Vampire Layer #2? confused-smiley-013.gif

Sweet... I've got 8 copies!!!!!!!

PS: You know you have played too much Madden with the wife around, when she starts talking back to the players' pre-snap chatter. "Bust his grill, D!" elicits a "Why don't they want that guy to barbeque???" 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

You are the sole possessor of a Boffy horde! er... Congratulations? 893applaud-thumb.gif ?

I'll trade you one for a slice of Chuck E Cheese... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

PS: WHERE'S MY PRIZE?

From an email I just got from Marvel...

"- MARVEL TSUNAMI TPBs CANCELLED

The Marvel Tsunami trades paperbacks, including November's Venom, Mystique, Human Torch, Runaways, Sentinel and Namor, and December's Inhumans and New Mutants, have been cancelled."

No idea what this means, but since trades are the most profitable publishing line for Marvel it doesn't sound good for these titles...

Good-bye and good riddance. boo.gif I hate manga. flamed.gif They were doomed from the start in my opinion.

Have you even read any of these books? Hell, have you even OPENED one of these books?

I am sure based on what you and others have said the stories are good. I just don't like that style of art and spend my money on other comics whose art and stories suit my tastes like the current Punisher series.

The Marvel Tsunami trades paperbacks, including November's Venom, Mystique, Human Torch, Runaways, Sentinel and Namor, and December's Inhumans and New Mutants, have been cancelled."

No idea what this means, but since trades are the most profitable publishing line for Marvel it doesn't sound good for these titles...

Good-bye and good riddance. boo.gif I hate manga. flamed.gif They were doomed from the start in my opinion.

Have you even read any of these books? Hell, have you even OPENED one of these books?

I am sure based on what you and others have said the stories are good. I just don't like that style of art and spend my money on other comics whose art and stories suit my tastes like the current Punisher series.

Right, right. I suppose that teenaged virgins sacrificed by shadowy supervillain cults and children being stabbed through the chest by their parents and an epic tale of liberation and redemption wouldn't really be your thing then, right?

Teenage. Virgin. Sacrifices.

How can you go wrong??

Right, right. I suppose that teenaged virgins sacrificed by shadowy supervillain cults and children being stabbed through the chest by their parents and an epic tale of liberation and redemption wouldn't really be your thing then, right?

How can you go wrong??

I was bored and picked up both Y: The Last Man TPBs yesterday. According to my Wizard the same writter (Brian K. Vaughan) that writes Y: The Last Man also writes manga titles Mystique and Runaways. I hate to admit it, but the guy is pretty good despite his obvious liberal writting. I can see why you would like Runaway's and Mystique because he is a good writter and he is as liberal as you. The experience was much like me watching Mystic River with my wife last week. The movie has two of the most vile leftwing Hollywood nuts (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins), but I actually enjoyed it. Must of been because of conservative Clint Eastwood's directing. At least that is the only way I can justify it in my head. Kudos to Clint for giving Baghdad Penn a job even though he was supposedly blacklisted. Anyhow, I just picked up the full run of Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb's Batman and I have to read the conclusion in Batman #619. Hope it is as good as the 1st 11 issues.

How can you go wrong??

I was bored and picked up both Y: The Last Man TPBs yesterday. According to my Wizard the same writter (Brian K. Vaughan) that writes Y: The Last Man also writes manga titles Mystique and Runaways. I hate to admit it, but the guy is pretty good despite his obvious liberal writting. I can see why you would like Runaway's and Mystique because he is a good writter and he is as liberal as you. The experience was much like me watching Mystic River with my wife last week. The movie has two of the most vile leftwing Hollywood nuts (Sean Penn, Tim Robbins), but I actually enjoyed it. Must of been because of conservative Clint Eastwood's directing. At least that is the only way I can justify it in my head. Kudos to Clint for giving Baghdad Penn a job even though he was supposedly blacklisted. Anyhow, I just picked up the full run of Jim Lee and Jeph Loeb's Batman and I have to read the conclusion in Batman #619. Hope it is as good as the 1st 11 issues.

Isn't it amazing that Clint Eastwood was able to get those two out of their micro-mini-soybean-powered cars long enough to make a movie? He is our Rainbow Connection. We love you, Dirty Harry!

You just picked up the whole run of the Lee/Loeb Batman?? How much did you pay? I mean, did you JUST buy them all JUST now?? Are prices still sickening? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

How can you go wrong??

Isn't it amazing that Clint Eastwood was able to get those two out of their micro-mini-soybean-powered cars long enough to make a movie? He is our Rainbow Connection. We love you, Dirty Harry!

You just picked up the whole run of the Lee/Loeb Batman?? How much did you pay? I mean, did you JUST buy them all JUST now?? Are prices still sickening? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

When it comes to Actors, Singers, and Entertainers in general they should just shut up and act, sing, or entertain OR run for public office. Clint hired the two libs because they are good actors not their politics.

I bought the Hush hardcover which is issues 608-612 for $20 and then I bought 613-619 individually a little more than cover price except for 619 which was cover price. Very good read even though I am not a DC fan.