• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MARVEL SUPER-HEROES #58 30 CENT VARIANT

10 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I've just received notification from CGC that one of the comics in my last submission came in at an 8.5.....no big deal....but the comic in question is Marvel Super-heroes #58 30 cent variant.

Only issues 57 and 59 are listed in GPanalysis. This issue is also deemed relatively rare - as 30 cent variants go.

How much does the forum think this comic is worth in CGC 8.5 condition?

(no scans available as yet, like I said, received email notification only today).

Look forward to advice / comments.

That's a tough one, since there's already a 9.0 in the Census, and regardless of whether the higher-graded book is for sale or not, it will still impact the value.

The only thing you can really do is toss in one EBay - it could go for $20 or $200.

Thanks for the insight.

I was thinking maybe a $120 would be a safe-ish bet on how much it may be worth and since thats mid-way between 20 and 200, my initial thoughts are kinda confirmed.

I'll probably end up posting it on ebay in a couple of weeks, unless someone approaches me before then.

A lot depends on which of the high grade 30 cent variant collectors already have a copy that is at or around that level. I would think that it would get at least $60 and probably a bit more. Mine is in the 6.0 range and I am happy with it as my OC only goes up to fine. BTW, MSH #59 is not a 30 cent variant since it is a Sept copy but it does have the 30 cents in a circle like Marvel Tales #71 so it is often confused as a variant.

A lot depends on which of the high grade 30 cent variant collectors already have a copy that is at or around that level. I would think that it would get at least $60 and probably a bit more. Mine is in the 6.0 range and I am happy with it as my OC only goes up to fine. BTW, MSH #59 is not a 30 cent variant since it is a Sept copy but it does have the 30 cents in a circle like Marvel Tales #71 so it is often confused as a variant.

Thanks for the advice and comments. Much appreciated.

Interesting observation about the MSH #59 too. I'll bear that in mind.

I'd be interested to hear from any of the other collectors on the forum too of course.

Congrats on completing your 30 cent variant collection, btw. Good work!

(worship)

Congrats on a decent grade on a very tough book. Always had beaters for this one. I'm responsible for the low grade copies on the census :doh: needed something for the registry. I was able to acquire a decent copy but haven't had it slabbed yet. If you throw this 8.5 on, you can count my bid in there :) But there are a lot more motiveated ( and richer :P ) collectors out there chasing the HG copies for variants nowadays. Very exciting to see...

Hey!!!

Thanks for your feedback on this issue. I really appreciate it.

I gathered it was difficult to find in any kind of grade let alone 8.5. I'd be looking to put the comic up for auction soon - but obviously I might be tempted by any direct offers from forum members.

:)

but obviously I might be tempted by any direct offers from forum members. :)

Your initial post was pretty obvious, but as long as you don't come out and admit your motives (which you just did) most people will just let it slide. doh!

This is not the Marketplace. meh

but obviously I might be tempted by any direct offers from forum members. :)

Your initial post was pretty obvious, but as long as you don't come out and admit your motives (which you just did) most people will just let it slide. doh!

This is not the Marketplace. meh

I accept your comments.

My initial post was to get some feel for how much the comic might be worth.

I got a bit carried away when the last post mentioned he would bid on it if it went on ebay.

My apologies - no offence was intended.